EGLK19264A-7T-USB connection problem

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Bermange
LCD?

EGLK19264A-7T-USB connection problem

Post by Bermange »

Hi all,

I recently purchased one of these and the drivers appear to have installed correctly on my WIndows 7 32 Bit system

However when I load up MOGD I cannot communicate with it. The unit is not specified from the drop-down list in the bottom-left corner and which port should I specify? They are all COM ports but it is connected to the USB?

Any help greatfully received,

Benedict

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: EGLK19264A-7T-USB connection problem

Post by Clark »

Hi Benedict,

The EGLK19264A-7T-1U has a USB to Serial converter onboard which appears to your system as a virtual COM port. To determine the port to which your display is connected, you can right click Computer and select properties (or Windows Key + Break). From the System screen that appears, you can select Device Manager at the top left. In the Device Manager, open up the Ports tab and look for your display on the list.

In MOGD#, you can select the appropriate port and the GLK19264-7T-1U-USB option (this is the display that is inside your enclosure). Alternatively, you can try Auto Detect to automatically search for your display.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Bermange
LCD?

Post by Bermange »

Many thanks for your reply.

When I load up Device Manager the display appears under "USB Controllers" rather than Ports. Under Ports there is:
- Communications Port (COM1)
- ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
and two Standard Serial over BLuetooth links.

Under the USB COntrollers it lists the driver but not which COM port it refers to. Hmmm.

When I autodetect it detects 5 displays on COM3 - all Module Alpha Version 3.7 Baudrate 115200. However even when I change the Speed to 19200 and try all the different Pcb Revisions, still nothing.

I could communicate with it using some software called aida64 but I am mystified about why it wont work with MOGD. Any other helpful hints?

Benedict

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Benedict,

It sounds like only the first of the two drivers required for the EGLK19264A-7T-USB has installed correctly.

Please search your device manager for any devices that show an error icon. If you cannot locate the EGLK device driver that has not been installed, you might try to uninstall the EGLK USB Controller driver, cycle power to the unit, and install the drivers again.

Cheers,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Bermange
LCD?

Post by Bermange »

Hi Troy,

Hmmmmm - I reinstalled and exactly the same is happening. AIDA64 detects the unit and works perfectly so clearly it has installed OK.

That software works fine regarding sending images and text to the unit - is tehre other software you would recommend that might be slightly more "user-friendly"?!

Benedict

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Benedict,

The primary purpose of MOGD# is to allow you to confirm that your display is operational, if you can already do that with AIDA64, MOGD# is not required.

It sounds like your AIDA64 program is working well, but if you would like to continue troubleshooting, I would recommend ensuring no other program is trying to communicate to the display at the same time as MOGD# (make sure AIDA64 is closed) and trying the unit on a different system. As for a different program, you might use a simple terminal application similar to Hyperterminal, or our older alphanumeric software, uProject. Please note that the autodetect feature in uProject won't pick up virtual COM ports, so you'll have to manually enter settings.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital