Did i break it?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Echo_42
LCD?

Post by Echo_42 »

For some reason my GLK12232-25 stopped working.. :sad:

If i shut down the computer totally, cutting power, and restart I get the "Graphics in all Directions" logo thing...i get into windows, LCDCenter doesnt work, so i try the MO Application that came with the LCD on the cd....

It will show the graphic you can send. Well, it sort of shows it :-| the thing shows up a little weird looking, kinda bolder than it should be and lines are a little sloppy...

if i try sending it text, it wont work.

The "Clear Screen" function is about the only thing that DOES work properly.

Anyone have any ideas whats wrong??

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

open up MOGD program. It should be located on the CD on here...
http://www.matrixorbital.com/downloads.htm#gramodsft

1. Wipe the units memory
2. Re-upload the fonts and any pictures. If you can turn the backlight on and off, that means you are communicating with the unit.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Echo_42
LCD?

Post by Echo_42 »

k, so i fired up the prog, hit the big "Wipe Module File System" button, checked and unchecked "backlight" and the backlight when on and off...

hit the "send text" and i still dont see anything :sad:

if i draw shapes/images it works ok, but text is still missing :sad:

as far as uploading the fonts go, i went to download, gave each one a different number (1 and 2) and hit the "download" button, and it said it was uploading them to the display..i tried the show text after that, still no go...

<EDIT>
I tried to do it again, i now get an error message when trying to send the fonts, "Error: Warning! The module did not return the correct character! (Send: 8 Recieved: 191) Do you want to continue? Yes/No/Ignore" </EDIT>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: echo_42 on 2001-10-09 14:51 ]</font>

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

I'm not sure what you guys have talked about, but it sure sounds to me like this unit should work.

2 important tests:

1 - Can you see key presses?
2 - Can you store contrast (or something) through power cycles?

If you can do these 2 things, then what you are describing is almost surely not hardware related. Maybe check ground connections.
anis- or aniso- combining form [NL, fr. Gk, fr. anisos, fr. a- + isos equal]
: unequal <anisotropic>

Echo_42
LCD?

Post by Echo_42 »

On 2001-10-10 05:01, Aniso wrote:
I'm not sure what you guys have talked about, but it sure sounds to me like this unit should work.

2 important tests:

1 - Can you see key presses?
2 - Can you store contrast (or something) through power cycles?

If you can do these 2 things, then what you are describing is almost surely not hardware related. Maybe check ground connections.
how can you store contrast thru power cycles?

and i have no keys to press, so thats outta the question :-P

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

https://www.matrix-orbital.com/download/contrast.rar
set it to 255 and save it, then unpower the displays and power it back up and it should all be black.

to simulate keypresses, just use a wire to connect the two outside keypad pins together, and that will generate a key stroke.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Echo_42
LCD?

Post by Echo_42 »

well, it started kinda working this morning...tried sending text and it sent some garbled stuff..wiped the module file system again, re-upped the fonts, and got the following error:
"Error: Warning! The module did not return the correct character! (Send: 8 Recieved: 191) Do you want to continue? Yes/No/Ignore"

any clue how to fix that? im gonna open up my enclosure this afternoon and inspect it...

Thor
LCD!

Post by Thor »

I get a similar error:

"Error: Warning! The module did not return the correct character! (Send: 0 Recieved: 101) Do you want to continue? Yes/No/Ignore"

whenever I try to send an image to my GLK12232-25...I just click Ignore when that happens...pic displays just fine...

Echo_42
LCD?

Post by Echo_42 »

yea, yesterday the LCD magically started working just fine again, go figure :-P

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2001-10-13 02:03, Thor wrote:
I get a similar error:

"Error: Warning! The module did not return the correct character! (Send: 0 Recieved: 101) Do you want to continue? Yes/No/Ignore"

whenever I try to send an image to my GLK12232-25...I just click Ignore when that happens...pic displays just fine...
well,
1. Make sure you wiped the units memory
2. Make sure you can talk to the unit
3. Make sure the unit can talk back.
Turn on hyperterminal and init it. (make sure to turn hardware control off!) Then use a wire to jumper the two outer keypad pins together. That should generate a key press and display it in hyperterminal.
4. If you did all of this, you should be able to upload bitmaps and fonts.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital