not able to read from keypad

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ashu
LCD?

Post by ashu »

Hi everyone....

we've got a GLK12232-25 and a 20 key keypad which works correctly under the IO test program under windows... the problem is that i have not been able to get it to work myself under Linux... Could anyone post some code or psuedocode? I need to be able to capture the keys.

if i activate the auto transmit keypress function then the key presses show up on the LCD as characters and all my return nothing. If i turn this mode off... then using the poll keypad command gives me nothing either.

has anyone got some experience on this??

thanks a lot for your help...
Ashutosh.
Ashutosh Malviya
DeepRoot Linux
- server appliances - linux support -

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

While I know virtually nothing about Linux, I do know something about the sometimes silly things that OS's and environments do by default.

It seems to me that you are in a mode that acts like a terminal. A terminal mode will sometimes echo by default and this is what I believe is happening to cause the characters to show up on the display.

That knowledge will not help you to figure out how to recieve key presses, however. If you have not already done so, I might suggest looking at the source code for LCDproc at lcdproc.omnipotent.net

BTW, I would avoid polled mode if at all possible as it is usually just an un-necessary complication.
anis- or aniso- combining form [NL, fr. Gk, fr. anisos, fr. a- + isos equal]
: unequal <anisotropic>

ashu
LCD?

Post by ashu »

hi...

ok - let me look at the lcd proc source code... but even i am still not able to read from the key presses...

anyway, thanks a lot for your input...

ashutosh.

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

cat /dev/cuaa0 worked for me in FreeBSD. Substitute whatever your OS thinks the serial port is called...