LK202-25-V set and save data lock not working.....

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

cptdondo
LCD?

LK202-25-V set and save data lock not working.....

Post by cptdondo »

I have an LK202-25-V hooked up to an OpenWRT board running linux. The hardware initializes the serial port at 115200 baud, but the screen cannot accept data that fast reliably, so I set it for 19200 and change the baud rate once the board is booted.

This means I get a bunch of gibberish at boot time, which is OK as the board reboots at midnight.

However, at some point, the gibberish hit some magic combination and now the screen comes up with no splash sceen, no backlight, only a black bar that flashes and no text at all.

I can set it to 19200 using the jumper, and the board comes up fine, and accepts data. But the splash screen is corrupt (a bunch of garbage) and worse, it does not save any settings.

I've tried setting the baud speed and saving it, no joy. I've tried locking and unlocking, no joy. It will not asve any of the new parameters, and always comes up blank and unresponsive without the jumper.

What, if anything, can I do?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: LK202-25-V set and save data lock not working.....

Post by Clark »

Hi cptdondo,

When attempting to save settings while in manual override mode to a display that is in an unknown state, start by issuing the Set and Save Data Lock command with a value of 0 (unlocked). Next turn Remember On, change all of your settings, then turn remember off.

Finally, if you are still having trouble with that unit, please let me know what PCB revision you have and I can provide a default memory file that you can upload using uProject.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

cptdondo
LCD?

Post by cptdondo »

Do I have to set all of the settings explicitly? In other words, do I have to set backlight, baud, keypad, etc?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Yes, you'll have to explicitly reset anything that has been changed.

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital