uProject

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

bl0k3mb3rg
LCD?

uProject

Post by bl0k3mb3rg »

Hi there,

I'm totally new at this. I'm an conceptual artist form The Netherlands and I would like to work with LK202-25-USB-WB. What I would like is to easily program the device using uProject to have the LCD screen display a text. This is working. However, I have tried to use uProject to write the tekst to the non-volatile memory by using "remember". When I disconnect the module and reconnect it, the text is gone, and only a blinking cursor is displayed. What am I doing wrong here?

Pleas help

Greetings

Stephan Muis

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: uProject

Post by Clark »

Hi Stephan,

To change the start screen that appears when you first boot-up your LK202-25-USB, you'll have to use the Load Start Screen command. It is available in uProject, but if you are a more visual person, you might appreciate our Boot Edit tool.

The features available will not be as extensive as uProject, but you can create a start screen visually, event using and altering the 8 custom characters available. When you have something you like you can write the file to the display and even save it for future use or modification.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

bl0k3mb3rg
LCD?

Post by bl0k3mb3rg »

Hi Troy,

Thanks for being so helpful! I used the BootEdit tool and gave the write to unit command. Now a P with a flash sign stand next to it. Does that mean that it is now writing? How much time does that normally take?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

No worries Stephan,

When using the BootEdit tool, be sure to select your com port and size from the configuration menu and click connect.

The write should take a matter of seconds, the P character tells me something was written to the display but it was likely unsuccessful. Be sure you can connect before writing.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

bl0k3mb3rg
LCD?

Post by bl0k3mb3rg »

Hi Troy,

I connect via com9 - when I connect using the Boot Edit tool, the Sentence I've written appears in the screen of the module - However, when I choose write to unit, a P with a flash sign appears and stays there. When I disconnect and connect the USB port, the sentence is no longer there. I use all capitals, but that shouldn't matter right?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Stephan,

It sounds like Boot Edit is not working well for you, and your port number is less than 10. There is a second tool called Boot Logo that does much the same job but some users find that it is easier to use. Please give that a go. Again, remember to set up your port and display correctly.

As per your other formatting questions, you can choose any text and spacing you like, but unfortunately, you are not able to set the cursor position. The cursor will always return to the top left position. You can set the cursor to blink, underline, or off using uProject; just be sure to use the remember function.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital