Software that shows network traffic

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

boycee
LCD?

Post by boycee »

Im after a plug-in or software that shows the network traffic on a particular network card.

whether it be Network or LAN. looking for total uploaded and downloaded and maybe connection speed.

Cheers if anyone can point me in the right direction

gb5766
LCD?

Post by gb5766 »

boycee
LCD?

Post by boycee »

cheers m8

Pimeasielu
LCD?

Post by Pimeasielu »

i have HD44780-Based LCD Module in Parallel Printer Port

so i just wonder is there another good prog to my lcd beside LCD Smartie ???

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

LCDC does only show my lan traffic. can you tell me how to change the settings to have the internet traffic (using a second ethernet card and a adsl modem)

thanx in advance

santa
LCD Geek

Post by santa »

You should be able to show the traffic on the NIC with the adsl modem on... You just have to choose the NIC with the modem on... system -> network -> currently -> upload or download -> and then the NIC

/SanTa

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

On 2002-05-02 10:28, santa wrote:
You should be able to show the traffic on the NIC with the adsl modem on... You just have to choose the NIC with the modem on... system -> network -> currently -> upload or download -> and then the NIC

/SanTa
nope, it doesn't work. it found some info about some traffic but there is no internet traffic. all of the traffic reported are some very low data transfer like 882 Byte when i have allready downloaded 70 Mb and more...

Mat can you tell something about that ?

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Yep you are looking at the "Current" throuput of traffic, try looking at "System - Network - Total - Upload/Download - IF card" instead :smile:

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

in fact, i have two ethernet card (one for the adsl modem and one for the lan) and LCDC shows IF0 - total, IF1 MS TCP Loopback interface, and IF2 - intel 21143-based PCI Fast ethernet adapter (for the lan). But it does not show my second ethernet card (used to plug my modem). is there a compatibility conflict or something ?

can you help ?

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Hmm that's odd, I can't understand why they are not both coming up - I can only report what I see, but if you care to e-mail me direct Matthew@DPS.uk.com perhaps I can send a test app and see if we can sort this out.