Connecting LK202-25

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

DoubleHelix
LCD?

Connecting LK202-25

Post by DoubleHelix »

Hi guys. I've recently built a new computer and would like to connect up the LK202-25 unit from an old computer but I'm struggling to get it connected up properly. I've taken a couple of pictures of the unit and the cables I have.

The motherboard of the new computer is a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H if that's any help. Can I connect it up properly with these cables and if so could you tell me the names of the sockets I need to plug them in to? (I'll look in the motherboard user guide for their locations)

Thanks for any help! :)

Edit: forgot to mention, this unit is Rev. 1.4

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Connecting LK202-25

Post by Clark »

Hi Helix,

I appreciate the images provided and can see you have an old school, serial VK202-25 PCB Rev1.4 unit that you'd like to add to a new build. The power connection is pretty straight forward; just plug a regular floppy power cable into the white connector of the cable that is attached to the brown header of the display. Unfortunately, the serial connection is not as elegant; you'll have to route that grey serial cable to a serial port, either to the outside of your case to your D-Sub connector or through an adapter to your internal I/O header connection.

Should you have any questions regarding your current display, or maybe upgrading to something a little newer like the VK202-25-USB, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital