LK204 Problem wrong characters

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Stevendg
LCD?

LK204 Problem wrong characters

Post by Stevendg »

Hello,

I am using a LK204, RS232 interface on a Wago Controller.
But I am getting the wrong characters on the display. Even when using Hyperterminal, the same wrong characters are displayed on the LCD.
Only when using uproject to send some words, the wright characters are printed.
It is like it has a wrong character set. Can I upload a new one ?
Could someone help me please ?

Regards,
Steven

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Steven,

It sounds like some port settings may actually be askew within hyperterminal and your controller. By default the display will communicate at 19200 baud, you can also temporarily force it there with a manual override. It will also expect 8 bits data, No parity, and 1 stop bit. Flow control should be off.

The character set is built into the screen itself, once manufactured it can't be changed. I suspect the baud rate you are using may be close but incorrect for the display resulting in different characters being shown.

Should you have any further questions or concerns as you continue development, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Stevendg
LCD?

Post by Stevendg »

Hello Clark (or Troy ?),

Display works fine now. Hyperterminal was set to 7 bits/Even parity :evil:
I can even send the messages from my controller.
These displays will be used now in charging stations for electrical vehicles in Belgium.

Regards,
Steven

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Steven,

I may have confused some of the folks here when I started and it stuck, either name works. Glad you worked out the settings with the evil Hyperterminal and have the display running. Your project sounds awesome, if you have time to provide any pictures or info we'd love to showcase and link to your product in our gallery section.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital