bitmap format

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Gerd
LCD?

bitmap format

Post by Gerd »

I am trying to upload a bitmap with my software. What is the exact format of the bitmap to be uploaded?

Gerd
LCD?

Post by Gerd »

looks like xbm or ppm

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Gerd,

My apologies, I'm not sure which display you have, but regardless of the unit you should find a bitmap file format and upload procedure in the manual for your display at matrixorbital.ca.

MOGD# will be the easiest way to upload a file, but if you would like to do additional work with the files the manual is a great reference.

If you have any specific questions regarding creating or uploading a bitmap after reviewing the documentation please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Gerd
LCD?

Post by Gerd »

Hi,

I am using a GLK19264-7T-1U-USB. My problem is that cannot use your software. The displays are connected to linux hosts which are out of reach but accessable remotely. So I have to use my own software.

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/GLK ... -7T-1U.pdf
I checked the document more than twice but did not find any information about the exact format to be used with 254 94 [refID] [size] [data]. So I used 254 94 1 [size] and a standard bitmap format which seems to be not the correct way.

Any tipps?

Thank you

Gerd

Lynx28
LCD?

Post by Lynx28 »

Hi Gerd,

The correct format is PBM for the GLK19264. The example for a font in the document shows how to calculate the specific bytes to send.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netpbm_format

There is also an error in the documentation. After sending the command with size the device will send back a confirmation 0x01. Document shows sending that back; however, that is incorrect. Instead you need to send the width after getting the confirmation that the file will fit. From there the device will echo back everything you send and and you need to send a confirmation 0x01 before sending the next byte.

Basically you send the first 5 bytes with the command and size in LSB-MSB format, From there you send width, height, data one at a time. Each byte sent is echoed back, then you send a confirmation followed by the next byte.

I have a C routine that I'm using to upload bitmaps. It's a utility for lcdproc, which is why it's in C since that's the standard they're using.

I'll post a new topic with the sample code.

--Lonnie