Using GLK12232-25 WBL With i2c

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

whitenite
LCD?

Using GLK12232-25 WBL With i2c

Post by whitenite »

I am trying to interface a GLK12232-25 WBL with an arduino. I wanted to use serial communication, but would have to use rs232 levels, and the arduino can only provide TTL.

I can use i2c with this lcd, and the arduino has a good library for i2c communication.

My GLK has spots for SCL and SDA pins, but there are no pins soldered. Can I simply solder the pins and use i2c communication, or do I need to place a jumper at some point to disable other forms of communication?

Thanks for your help!

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Whitenite,

When setting up for I2C your first step will be to correctly identify your display. Check the PCB to confirm whether you have PCB revision 2.0 or 3.0. As you can see in the corresponding manuals, PCB Rev2.0 has dedicated I2C pins and requires no modification, while PCB Rev3.0 has a protocol block of resistors that you will need to set.

On a side note, you will see TTL levels available for PCB Rev3.0 if you'd prefer to stick to serial protocol. Note that you will have to remove all resistors save for those on the protocol in use when changing communication protocols.

Should you have any further questions after browsing your manual, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital