GLK24064-16-U1 Filesystem Upload

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

TedG
LCD!

GLK24064-16-U1 Filesystem Upload

Post by TedG »

It seems that the display we have been using has gone end of life and the replacement display is an invert of what we were using. Now our display is unacceptable and the new display is going to require quite a bit of adjusting just to make it presentable. With that being said one of the things that I need to do is use the file system upload to initialize the display with bitmaps, fonts, etc. We have a file that we have been using, but it will no longer meet our needs.
The system lets you do a "Filesystem Upload" , 0xFE,0xB0. and in the original documentation that command was left out and in a revision it was put back in.
So I need the file layout specs for that file or the software that generates that file and I have searched and searched and have come up empty handed.
Has anyone ever used this besides us? And if so where did you find how that file is created.
Thanks in advance.
Ted
Stwo Corp

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Ted,

I understand you were previously using the TC version of this display and have recently switched to the TCI. I believe I had some conversation regarding changes to fonts or bitmaps that could be made to mimic the TC, and understand you may have some contrast or backlight settings to change as well.

The easiest way to upload fonts/bitmaps and change settings is the upload ebin method in our MOGD# program. Once you have a single unit set up, download the filesystem, save it, connect a new unit, and upload your custom filesystem.

Both the ebin and filesystem upload processes were created for cloning purposes only, without modification. If you do have any further questions regarding tailoring a unit to your application, please let me know.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

TedG
LCD!

Post by TedG »

Thanks Troy,
So what you are saying is the only way to produce the file system is to upload the individual pieces you want and then download that, then you have an upload file. Correct?
We are switching because the TC is at EOL and we have no choice. I have worked out what I need to do with the contrast and so on. It is not ideal but we don't have much of a choice.
Stwo Corp

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

No worries Ted,

You are correct, upload and tinker with all the pieces, then once you have a sample unit download the full file system to copy those fonts, bitmaps, and settings to all other units with a single file. I agree, the TC was a great colour, but we weren't able to get the consistency we needed from that screen. While the TCI isn't an exact replacement, it is drop in compatible, does have the same features, and with some tweaking fills in for the TC with much greater consistency.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital