looking for a glk series to do the following

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

whipple16
LCD?

looking for a glk series to do the following

Post by whipple16 »

i want something that will be able to display approximately 4 different temperature readings from my pc and possibly a flow sensor (lp/h)

now would these all use sensors or be able to get the readings from a program like core temp or everest?

from what i have read pretty much all the different screens will be able to do pretty much the same thing with whatever program i choose to use to configure it. i just want to make sure if will do what i want before i buy it

thanks for any info and corrections on what i might be wrong about :)

whipple16
LCD?

Post by whipple16 »

also i would like to be able to have it switch over to look like a equalizer or something when music is being played and maybe time and date?

hopefully this is all possible through the software

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Whipple,

There are generally two monitoring software options for our displays; LCDC or LCDStudio. Both have free trials (LCDStudio is always free), and screen emulators so you can take a look at what they can do before you buy a display. Both programs will pull information from the PC to the display. It looks like LCDC has a specific Everest plug in, but both programs can send temperature info to your display. It also looks like both have a winamp plug in, and date/time should be no problem for either program. Please keep in mind both are third party so you will want to check out their respective sites for the most complete information.

When you are ready to choose a display, again you'll have options.

LCDC works with many of our displays, but was initially intended for the MX line. The MX line is a series of alphanumeric displays with PC bay style mounting brackets and USB communication. On the MX you'll find Dallas One-Wire sensor input and fan control output.

LCDStudio will work with one of our newest displays, the graphic GX. Again, a package can be purchased that includes a PC Bay mounting bracket and USB cable. Here you'll have more creative ability with a graphic display and the option to control windows media center via remote.

You have a number of great choices, if you have any trouble deciding you can always see what other users have to say here, or feel free to ask any direct questions you may have.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital