LK204 Boot-Up Problem

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

chris@dtscom.net
LCD?

LK204 Boot-Up Problem

Post by chris@dtscom.net »

I am having a problem with a LK204-7T-1U. When I first turn the unit on it displays nothing on the screen, and the unit will not respond to any commands given to it. If I power cycle the unit holding down the factory reset button on the unit, everything works fine. I have tried setting the remember and changing the baud rate to 19200, but the unit does not want to cooperate. I have this unit in a prototype product, and this one problem could break the potential for using this screen type within the product.

I have also tried using uProject, Display Tuner, and BootEdit in order to set the different parameters of the device to allow to have successful boot-ups. Is there something I am missing here or doing wrong that will allow the unit to boot into factory settings successfully each time the power is cycled?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Chris,

Good to hear manual override is working on the display, however, it looks like the baud rate command may not have been transmitted correctly. If you are using uProject, unfortunately, it was created using an old version of the baud rate command, so the drop down menu will not work correctly. You'll have to send the command as a byte string.

In uProject, while in override mode with successful communication, open up the uploader tab, expend the other tree and drag the raw data icon into the command window. Consult your manual for the correct baud rate code (254 57 51, I believe), and add bytes one at a time. When the command is complete, hit ok, then execute, double check the communication sections, then hit ok again to run. Once complete, you can save your command list for later use.

All other commands will work just fine in uProject as we have kept our code almost completely backwards compatible. If you have any further trouble, please don't hesitate to throw up another post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

chris@dtscom.net
LCD?

Post by chris@dtscom.net »

I finally after several tries got the commands to be remembered correctly. I had to play around with the order of commands for a while. After a few tries, I finally got the device to accept commands correctly and remember them correctly.