Monitoring a watercooled loop without any software?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

The Real Deal
LCD?

Monitoring a watercooled loop without any software?

Post by The Real Deal »

Hello,

I would like to monitor a loop built in particular with four fans, a 18 watts pump and a thermal sensor.

Then, i would like this abilities without any software installation, i mean a module which will work natively and able to shut down a computer (pump failure or CPU overheating).

Is there some VFD display products to suit this criterions please?

Thanks per advance.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello Real Deal,

While our displays are intelligent, unfortunately, they only do what they are told; if there is no software or controller telling them what to do, they won't do much of anything.

That said, while you don't want to use software, you could use a controller to satisfy your criteria. You can attach a Dallas One-Wire temperature probe to many of our displays, and take periodic readings using a microcontroller. Comparing the reading to a safe value you set you could activate a 5v signal from either the display or your controller. That signal might control a relay or switch that would shut your PC down.

As you can see, you could design an independent monitoring system, but I'd really recommend this be done through software. LCDC is a great tool for our VFD line, and I believe you can set it to run on startup and even add an event action to shut down or standby. Check it out to see if it will fit your needs.

If you have any questions about our display line, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

The Real Deal
LCD?

Post by The Real Deal »

Thanks for your reply.