LK204_7T_1U contrl issues AGAIN

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

HEATHER
LCD?

LK204_7T_1U contrl issues AGAIN

Post by HEATHER »

Hi Tory,

Since I asked you yesterday, I have tried some commands, now setting startup led and startup screen command correct. now I have met a problem. when I use "display off" command, it always puts one weird character(same one) on the screen. Have I made something wrong?

I just send the command "254 70"

other issues,
1. the led display state seems different with the manual, 1 is off, 0 is on ?
2. "display on" command also control keypad backlight ,right?

Thanks for your help
heather

HEATHER
LCD?

LK204_7T_1U contrl issues

Post by HEATHER »

Hi,

I have done a lot of experiments about commands. I have several questions:
1. "command lock" always make my board serial port died, I have to remove LCD to power up my board then plug in LCD, why is it?
2. can I get detailed information about "setting lock" ,what it will do, what commands it will affect?
3. I send "write customer data", but when I "read customer data", it always return 0. in manual it said "write customer data" will use write 16 bytes data into NVRAM, but the manual said its remembered "no" so ???

I appriciate you help
Thank you,

heather

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Heather,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Are you able to successfully read back from the display?
If you are to send the display the Read Module Type command (254 / 55), you should receive the value '0x2B' for the LK204-7T-1U module type.

As per 'command lock' can you please send me the exact command you are sending to the display?

Settings lock is putting a lock on the all the settings of the display such as backlight, contrast, GPO states, baud rate and others.

When shipped from the factory, the value of Customer Data is all 0xFF. So the first time you read the Customer Data, you should have gotten 16 0xFF's. Can you please send me the exact command you send for the Write Customer Data command 254 / 52 / <16 bytes>.

I am sorry about the manual, it should have said 'Always' for the 254 / 52 command. I will get the technical writer correct this.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Heather,

To add to Raquel's post, I have check to ensure write customer data is listed as always in newer manuals, and I will look to make the change for your manual.

We are investigating the strange character here; it looks like a null (0) value is being sent to the unit when the display on command (254 66 0) is being sent.

The LED states are indeed confusing in the manual, some units such as the LK204-7T-1U may be active low, meaning on is actually off. I have added additional details to the newer manuals and can confirm this operation is correct for your unit. Display on does indeed turn the keypad backlight on.

Finally, the Setting lock will stop any setting changes; basically if a command has "set" in it's description it won't work when locked. The Command lock will stop everything except text from being sent to the display.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi Heather,

I forgot the lock settings you mentioned on your second post.
Please send the following to the display to unlock all settings:

/254 / 203 / 245 /160 /0 / - this command unlocks all settings on the display

Cycle the power on the display. Then re-try the "test012301230123" write to customer data command as suggested earlier.

Please let me know how it turns out.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

HEATHER
LCD?

Post by HEATHER »

Hi Raquel

Yes, I have tried to unlock all, then write customer data and read customer data, I get nothing. The length I read is 0.

By the way, last time I mentioned about version info(0x38) and module type( 0xB5) I got, seemed command just reverse, is it right?

Thank you.

Heather

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi Heather,

I have more questions:
1. Are you able to send characters correctly?
2. Are you able to clear the screen (cmd 254 / 88 )?
3. When you send the Read Module Type cmd 254 / 55, you should get 0x2B for the LK204-7T-1U display that you have; but it seems you said you are getting 0xB5?

Try this as well:
Power down the display. Press on the bottom left key of the display. While pressing on the key, power the display up. This should put the display in manual override. Communicate with the display at 19200 baud. Send the commands above and see if you can answer the questions with success.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

HEATHER
LCD?

Post by HEATHER »

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for your response.
I have tried almost every command even "create custom character".Except several commands I mentioned before, other commands work fine.
Yes, I am able to send character correctly.
I can clear the screen, except it leaves me an additional character on screen
when I send 254 55 I got 0xb5, I send 254 54 I got 0x38. Actually I found the back in the LCD, it labels "LK204-7T-1U-USB" PCB 1.0 , so I guess the LCD should be 0x38, version is 0xb5, so it looks like the commands are just reversed.

For the manaual override, I have tried the default setting, but haven't tried to send the commands above, I will try them.

Regards
Heather

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi Heather,

For the LK204-7T-1U-USB, you should get 0x2C for when you send the command 254 / 55. When you send the command 254 / 54 , you should get 0x50.

I have a feeling you are not reading from the display correctly. How are you communicating with the display, via a PC or a microcontroller?
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

HEATHER
LCD?

Post by HEATHER »

Hi Raquel,

Thank you. Yes, You are right, I checked the serial response and found I didn't read correctly, after correction. Now I got the result 0x50 after 254/54, but I got the result 0x2b after 254/55, is it right, and I can also read customer data correctly

Thank you for your help

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Heather,

Good to see you are getting some intelligent responses from the display, 0x50 looks good for firmware revision 5.0, and 0x2B is actually correct for your serial display (0x2C is for USB only models).

It sounds like you have that display under control now, but if you do run into any other problems, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital