LK204_7T_1U contrl issues

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

HEATHER
LCD?

LK204_7T_1U contrl issues

Post by HEATHER »

Hi.

I am working on LK204_7T_1U through serial port right now. I have met several problems. Hope to get help here.

the SET commands, it is saved randomly with "SAVE REMEMBER" command.
such as "Set Startup GPO state". First I enable save funciton "0xfe 0x93 0x01", then I "Set Startup GPO state", but after poweroff then poweron, I didn't get what I want to get. the led states are not correct. Similarly, other command like "Changing Startup Screen", "Set and Save Keypad Brightness"

"Write Custom Data" and "Read Custom Data" are not working.
when put "Set and Save Data Lock" to lock all "0xFE 0xCB 0xF5 0xA0 0xD8", it couldn't lock some display setting, like "set backlight base color","display on/off" etc, it seems the phenomenon is not same as the manual.

I use mips cpu and serial port with 115200. welcome any advices.

Regards

Heeather

HEATHER
LCD?

Post by HEATHER »

Hi,
Can anybody give some suggestion? I didn't find instruction in manual. Is it EEPROM programing issues?

Best regards

Heather

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Heather,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble with the remember and data lock functionality of your LK204-7T-1U. These commands may be interfering with one another so I would recommend experimenting with one at a time to start.

Also, if you have not already, please make sure you have successful communication with basic commands such as simple text or backlight on/off before move to more advanced settings.

First, the remember function will allow some settings to be saved, as displayed under the remember heading of each. If you see a "Yes", this indicates the setting will only be saved when remember is on, an "Always" means it is saved regardless of remember, and a "No" means it cannot be saved.

To use remember efficiently, first turn off any data lock that may be on; a zero for the lock value will do this. Next turn remember on, then set any parameters that you would like to save. Finally, be sure to turn remember off when you're done.

Please note the StartupGPO, Start Screen, and Keypad Brightness commands listed are all remembered Always, remember does not need to be on to save these settings.

Once you have the settings remembered as you'd like and the display is starting up correctly, move on to locking certain aspects. The set and save data lock command used will take effect immediately, and last through a power cycle. The value you have used will lock all aspects of the display, meaning no command should have any affect, save for a new set and save data command.

This is an established display and I have no other complaints of similar behaviour so I have no reason to suspect a firmware problem at this time. Please continue development using the guidelines above and let me know if any specific command sequences are not preforming as listed in the manual so I may investigate.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

HEATHER
LCD?

Post by HEATHER »

Hi Clark,

Thank you very much. I will follow your instruction to try again. on the manual I get it, on chapter 5.5 changeing the startup screen, it says "Remembered Yes".

I use 115200 baud speed, do I need to have some delay between commands?

one of LCD I have tried is died . now it can just manual override reset to default, after I reprogram it , it couldn't save any thing even if the command with "set and save", any idea?

Best regards
Heather

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Heather,

No worries, I see the start up screen command in your manual does indeed indicate remembered yes, which may be incorrect, but it will not hurt to turn remember on before sending a command that is normally always saved.

115200 is a faster baud rate, if you continue to have trouble sending a list of commands you may try adding a large delay, such as 100ms, between each and decreasing it as long as the commands remain successful.

For the LCD that has died, I would recommend placing the unit in manual override as you have done, then making sure communication is successful at 19200 baud with simple text. The first setting I would recommend is the set baud rate command, then cycle power, adjust your communication settings as needed, and try simple communication once more.

If you continue to have trouble but do have communication in override mode, please let me know, I may be able to provide default settings.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital