GLK display size and choices?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

BigBANGtheory
LCD?

GLK display size and choices?

Post by BigBANGtheory »

Hi, I am looking for a graphical display for a 1U server chassis with a particular interest in the GLK series and had a couple of questions:

The 240x64 model (GLK24064-16-1U-FGW) looks ideal from a design PoV but its dimensions are a little too large for my needs, its a pretty big display for a 1U chassis IMHO.

The 192x64 model (GLK19264-7T-1U-FGW) has better display dimensions for my needs, but has additional LEDs & keypad that I do not want.

Q1) What I'd really like is a GLK19264 display only, do you do such a model or can I disconnect/remove the additional keypad PCB and desolder the LEDs on the GLK19264-7T-1U-FGW?

Q2) When mounting the LCD pcb inside a case do I have to use screws and offsets or can reasonably glue it to avoid making drill holes in the case?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi BigBangTheory,

Mounting brackets are available for both the GLK24064-16-1U and the GLK19264-7T-1U displays you have mentioned. These will take up about as much room as a CD/DVD drive and would be the best option for your chassis, if you have that kind of room.

Q1) Unfortunately, there is no screen only option for the 19264, and components for the screen extend onto the keypad portion of the PCB. The rubber keys will come off, and the LEDs of course can be desoldered but I don't believe that would be an ideal solution.

Q2) When mounting, the recommendation will be to use the 4 mounting holes on the corners of the unit and screws. You may consider gluing the screw heads to the inside of the case to avoid holes.

Check out the specs online or the drawings available at the back of each manual to see if the dimensions for these units will work in your application. If the options above won't work you may be able to incorporate one of the GLK12232 units to add that graphic touch to your project.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

BigBANGtheory
LCD?

Post by BigBANGtheory »

I had a quick look at the GLK12232 and with a PCB height of 35mm it might just do the trick, thanks for that.