VK204-24-USB Default Boot up screen

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

110220Volts
LCD!

VK204-24-USB Default Boot up screen

Post by 110220Volts »

I accidentally wrote over the default start up screen on my new VK204-24-USB
I now plug the VFD into power and it displays nothing as I wrote over the default screen with a blank image. I am not the creative person and I just want the default one back.
Is there a way to get it back?
I know the VK204-24-USB is out of production but I bought it second hand and it was never used before I used it
Thanks

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Volts,

Not to worry, though it may be difficult to bring back the exact Matrix screen, you can definitely bring back a start screen to your VK204-24-USB. Check out your manual for the Load Startup Screen command.

The easiest way to save a startup screen will be to use uProject and the load startup screen button in the text section of the main tab. This will let you choose a screen size and type out your screen as you would like it to appear.

The Matrix Orbital symbol on the regular start screen was made using custom characters, which were then sent to the screen using the hex values 0 through 7 in the load startup screen command. Blank characters are sent using the space character, hex 20, and the whole command is sent as a string of 80 characters as in your manual. Again, I'd recommend uProject as the easiest way to get a simple start screen onto the unit.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital