When requesting Customer data from a GLK24064-16-1U

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

TedG
LCD!

When requesting Customer data from a GLK24064-16-1U

Post by TedG »

When requesting the customer data from the display does it not answer if it is not set? I couldn't get it to answer until I stored some data in it. I am not sure if that is proper operation, I am having trouble with the embedded device, I make the request and it doesn't seem to answer. I can't tell if it is because I am not sending the request properly, there is no data to read, or I am not receiving it properly.
And is there a way to set the display to it's factory defaults?
Stwo Corp

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Read Customer Data command is 254 / 53. Immediately after receiving this command, the display should start transmitting 16 bytes. If these 16 byte - customer data are not set, they will read as 0xFF's.

Have you successfully read from the display at all? You can also try the following commands:
Read Module Type 254 / 55
Read Version Number 254 / 54
Both these commands reply with 1 byte data. See page 53 of the manual.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

TedG
LCD!

Post by TedG »

Raquel wrote:Hi,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Read Customer Data command is 254 / 53. Immediately after receiving this command, the display should start transmitting 16 bytes. If these 16 byte - customer data are not set, they will read as 0xFF's.

Have you successfully read from the display at all? You can also try the following commands:
Read Module Type 254 / 55
Read Version Number 254 / 54
Both these commands reply with 1 byte data. See page 53 of the manual.
Thanks, that is what I needed to know about the customer data.
I have been able to read using test program, but not in the embedded device.
That is why I was asking if there is a way to reset the display to it's factory defaults so I could test how it reacted to the command if it was not set. My test unit is set, but I was sure it didn't respond the first time out, but I may be mistaken.
Stwo Corp