4X4 Keypad

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

illusion29
LCD!

4X4 Keypad

Post by illusion29 »

I bought the 4x4 keypad from your store and the LCD GLK240-25

Looking at the manual for the 4x4 Keypad I'm not sure which end is number 1 pin. So if I was to look at the keypad from above with the buttons facing at mee. is Pin 1 on the leftmost side?

Also, since the LCD allows up to 5x5 keypad interface, I can't just stick the 8 pin header into the back of it as it doesn't line up perfectly. What would be the best way to connect the 4x4 keypad to the LCD?

At the moment, I just going to crimp some wires and connect it one by one to the LCD

Thanks

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Illusion29,

The keypad header on the GLK24064-25 will have two optional ground connection bordering ten usable inputs; five rows and five columns. To induce a keypress, short any row pin to any column pin.

It is recommended that the 4x4 keypad be placed in the middle of this header, taking rows 2-5 and columns 1-4 and ensuring each key has one side of it's switch on a row and a column.

You can always check out the keypad section of your manual online for additional info.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

illusion29
LCD!

Post by illusion29 »

Hey

Thanks for the reply,

So I just simply just plug in the keypad straight into the back of the LCD without re-wiring any of the connections?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Illusion29,

If you have our passive style KPP4x4 from the site, you can definitely plug right in to the middle of the keypad header; two pins should be left on either side.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital