power troubles and input problems

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

xjmtx
LCD?

power troubles and input problems

Post by xjmtx »

I reinstalled my windows 7 os, i reinstalled the drivers for the display. upon trying to auto detect the display in LCDC, i got a screen on the GLK19264-7t-1u that said, screen detectable n.a. And i got a red led on the upper left. now i cannot get the GLK to do anything at all, let alone try to get anywhere with it in LCDC.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

If you please try and get the drivers again, as we have updated them last February. Also, instead of LCDC, I wonder if you please give modg# a try. There is Auto Detect in mogd# that should detect the GLK19264-7T-1U as a valid module.

Let me know how it turns out.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hello There,

Further to Raquel's statement, I can let you know that LCDC is primarily for alphanumeric displays, so there is a strong possibility that the program will not recognize your GLK19264-7T-1U. MOGD# will provide a great indication of correct operation.

As you go forward, selecting a display such as the LK204-25-USB manually in LCDC may provide some results, after you've confirmed operation with MOGD# of course.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

xjmtx
LCD?

Post by xjmtx »

I formatted one week ago so I used the new drivers. When I couldn't get the display to function properly, I uninstalled the drivers both for the com and usb, then reinstalled them. When I plugged in the display I held the reset button to hopefully fix the red LED issue (no dice).

Originally, MOGD# wouldn't detect the display. I then attempted to change the settings in LCDC. Throughout a series of trial/error sequences, I got the LK204-25 to work in LCDC, and got the red LED to return to the three "greenish" LEDs.

In LCDC I attempted to configure the settings allowing me to get say Winamp 5 to work, or clock functions, hard drive sizes, IP addresses, etc....this happened without much success. Upon closing LCDC and returning to MOGD#, clicking the Auto Detect Display the display was now detected properly (YAY).

However, when I originally purchased this display back in December (rather I bought two) I read many forum postings and even the "Installing LCDC and Basic Setup" poll sticky, and assumed that I was to use LCDC. I regret now having purchased a license to a program that looks likely that I will not be using. With that being said, there looks like there isn't much that I can do about it.

Now that you are recommending I use MOGD# I suppose that I can ask if there is a specific place you'd recommend that I begin to look for "Getting Started" guides and such. No doubt, I'll be googling the topic, but it doesn't hurt to have suggestions to places you'd recommend. Before you decide to ask me what I plan on using the display for I'll save you the trouble; I'd like to use one display for keeping track of simple things like Winamp 5.xx playing tracks/artist/album/time left, FTP activity monitoring (I have a home server which I use for my home business, I'd like to know whether or not a customer is logging into the FTP to upload files). There are other uses I would like to see if I am able to integrate it with, but I am not exactly stressed out about getting those taken care of immediately.

I would like to thank you for pointing me in the right direction and any other suggestions you give me.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

Mogd# was recommended for you to try to evaluate the display, and see if you can detect it. It is used only for display evaluation and testing. Try detecting the display one more time and note of the comport that the display is found in.

You should still be able to use LCDC for the things you want to display on your screen. Because the current LCDC version was written prior to the GLK19264-7T-1U-USB, LCDC does not detect it as a valid MO module. As Troy suggested, you can use the LK204-25 as the module.

In LCDC, try the following:
1. Go to Configure and Test. In Connection and Type. Com port, point to the (virtual) com port; in Definition File, use the LK204-25.
2. Click the green check mark.
3. In Test Display tab, you should see in Text "L.C.D.C!!!" ticked.
4. Click on green check mark "Send Selected" a few times. You should see this text displayed on your screen.

Let me know how it turns out.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

xjmtx
LCD?

Post by xjmtx »

I've gotten LCDC to recognize the display under the LK204-25 pc version.
trouble is, it seems that that definition file seems to think my lcd display has like a smaller screen or something.

that should say on the first line:
Alison Krauss and Union Station
second line:
This Sad Song

but as you see, it starts the second line text on the first line, and cuts off some of the text from the first line. is there anyway to get it to view this stuff properly?

also, under this definition file, it seems to think i only have 4 lines of text I can input, as you see the stalactites and stalagmites at there middle of the screen.....your thoughts sir?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi xjmtx,

As mentioned, LCDC unfortunately does not have a definition for the GLK19264, so the LK204-25 is the closest stand in. As you'd seen, it's not perfect. You have a couple options at this point.

First, you can change the font on your display to something larger that displays 20 characters by four lines. MOGD# from matrixorbital.ca will help you there.

Second, you could try messing around with the definition file in LCDC. I've tried, keeping in mind this is a third party program, and have run into some trouble with checksums. If you ask nicely, user Mat-Moo might be able to provide a little more help regarding the intricacies of LCDC.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital