To reset GLK19264-7T-1U

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

glkuser09
LCD?

To reset GLK19264-7T-1U

Post by glkuser09 »

Hi,

Is there any command (or other way through s/w) to reset the display without power cycling it? I am using GLK19264-7T-1U (Non-USB).

Regards,
Ramesh

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ramesh,

Unfortunately, there is no true software version of the manual override, the display will still need to have power cycled with the keypad button held to force all settings temporarily to defaults. As long as the baud rate is not changed, you can reset all other settings at any time by saving them as the unit is running; the manual will provide a default setting for all applicable commands.

Alternatively, if you'd like to force the unit to defaults through a manual override, without cycling power using a hardware method and still have software control of the unit, we do have an internal command not documented in the manual. Called the Watchdog Timer kick, a delayed software reset of the unit can be triggered using 254 253.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

glkuser09
LCD?

Post by glkuser09 »

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the comments. It is surely useful. However I am more interesting in restarting the lcd (through s/w) so that it performs its boot sequence again. (Like a 'shutdown -r now' command for Linux. Sorry if my earlier mail wasn't clear.)

Appreciate,
Ramesh

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ramesh,

No worries, the watchdog kick command mentioned, 254 253, should do just what you need. This will restart the controller, in the same way cycling power does.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

glkuser09
LCD?

Post by glkuser09 »

Hi Troy,

The watchdog kick command resets the device to factory default in addition to restarting it. Is there any other command just to restart the device without reseting it to factory default?

Thanks,
Ramesh

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ramesh,

Again, my apologies for the confusion, the watchdog only resets the unit, the override to defaults is an additional, optional step. As long as you don't hold the override button down on the keypad while kicking the timer, the unit will simply reset.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

glkuser09
LCD?

Post by glkuser09 »

Hi Clark,

Sorry for my delayed response. I tried it but it resets the device to factory defaut instead of just reboot.

Regards,
Ramesh

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Ramesh,

I have confirmed with Raquel, our firmware designer, that the only function of the watchdog timer is to reset the onboard controller. This won't force any settings to their default, but will set them back to the last saved value. If you have not saved some of your current settings, they will indeed be reset to the last saved value as they would during a power cycle.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital