VFD2041 fried?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

metamarty
LCD?

VFD2041 fried?

Post by metamarty »

Hello,

I recently dusted of my VFD2041, which is probably one of the first revisions (about 10 years old). I've done some development for the display and it has worked OK for about 2 weeks. Upon installing in its intended location, I noticed it no longer displaying the flashing cursor when power is applied. I took particularly care making sure it received exactly 5 volts. I fried a different VFD2041 years before because of incorrect voltage and it also stopped displaying a flashing cursor.

My question is: when power is applied to the VFD2041, is it always supposed to show a flashing cursor? Could my VFD2041 need some kind of reset, or is it fried somehow?

Thanks,

Marty

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Marty,

The VFD2041 has a flashing cursor feature which can be turned on or off, hopefully it has just been shut off.

Give a few text commands a try, and if you are really uncertain of correct operation, go back to the old set up and try there first.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

metamarty
LCD?

Post by metamarty »

Clark wrote:Hi Marty,

The VFD2041 has a flashing cursor feature which can be turned on or off, hopefully it has just been shut off.

Give a few text commands a try, and if you are really uncertain of correct operation, go back to the old set up and try there first.

~Troy
Thanks, I will try this, but I thought that the unit would reset all settings when powered off, so the cursor should be blinking when it is powered up.