GLK19264-7T-1U-GW-LV getting started

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

19264newb
LCD?

GLK19264-7T-1U-GW-LV getting started

Post by 19264newb »

Are there additional application notes for the GLK19264-7T-1U-GW-LV beyond the following?
- GLK19264-7T-1U Manual for PCB revision 1.0
- GLK19264-7T-1U Autocad drawing for PCB revision 1.0
Are there schematics available? A few pdfs would be useful.

This is the low voltage display which runs on 3.3V. Before I apply power, I'd hope someone can acknowledge my interpretations are correct.

Is the 3.3V power required on the connector #2 under all configurations? I assume yes because the serial cable needs to be modified to isolate DB pin9 (floats on PC side). When running in serial mode, the DB9 jumper on the board supplies power to the serial interface on the board.

When running in I2C mode, the DB9 jumper should be removed. True?

Any additional detail is welcome.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi 19264newb,

Unfortunately, it looks like you've got your hands on all the documentation available for the GLK19264-7T-1U-LV. We cannot offer any schematics due to people coping our stuff fears. But I can help you with any questions you have.

The low voltage display is low voltage all over, if you apply any power anywhere, it must be 3.3V. The board actually runs on 3.3V, so the 5V model has a regulator; you'll see the black IC above the number 3 is missing on your unit. This means what ever power you apply is going directly into the board.

The DB9 is connected to the 4 pin header labeled #2; power can be supplied through pin 5 but only when D is jumped, ground is always connected on pin 9. That header supplies power to the entire board, so if you wanted to use a DB9 for your I2C connection you could leave that D jumper in place. Just be sure you only apply power in one place.

If you're unsure of your set up at all, feel free to post it and we can help you make sure you've got the right voltage in the right places.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

19264newb
LCD?

3.3V power

Post by 19264newb »

I'm finally getting back to this project.
Please verify the 3.3V power connections. This is the 5.5V connector pinout. Of course the 5.5V (in red) is replaced with a 3.3V.

Should the 2 GND in the middle be tied to the GND on the far right?
Attachments
powerconnected.jpg
powerconnected.jpg (77.23 KiB) Viewed 5576 times

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi 19264newb,

The power line looks ok, the ground however, is currently not connected. That header was built for a standard floppy cable so that far right connection is not connected, as it would mate to 12v. If you want to connect ground, I would recommend moving your ground wire to either of the two open ground slots, but tying in all three connections would work as well.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

19264newb
LCD?

Post by 19264newb »

Troy,
Thanks for the quick response.
I'll will tie all 3 pins together as GND and try it out later tonight. I assume as soon as 3.3V power is applied (no reset, button press or RS232 connection required), the display will illuminate with some basic firmware boot message.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi 19264newb,

No worries, the screen will indeed come up with our start screen logo and the backlight will illuminate when power is applied. Nothing but power will be required.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital