LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

x37v
LCD?

i2c glk12232-25-sm rev 1.2 [how to]

Post by x37v »

Hi, the manual here:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/GLK ... SM_110.pdf
says that modifications need to be done in order to get this lcd to work via i2c. THe problem is that the image in that manual which should display the changes needed actually doesn't show up for me [i tried xpdf, evince (linux) and adobe acrobat (windows)].

Can anyone give me a screenshot or photo of what i need to do?

Thanks,
Alex

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Alex,

Good to see you are thinking of experimenting with your GLK12232-25-SM in I2C mode, sorry you've had so much trouble finding that image. It is actually not there in the document itself, so your programs may be working fine, however, you are unable to view the image.

This display is so very old, I had hard time finding the image in our archives, but I've got something that I think will outline the changes sufficiently.

Please note that this unit has been superseded twice now, and it is recommended that if you are developing an application with this product, that the newest revision, 2.0, be used.

If you have any further questions regarding that image, or your display, please let me know.

Thanks,
Troy
Attachments
GLK12232-25-SM Rev1.4 I2C Modifications
GLK12232-25-SM Rev1.4 I2C Modifications
12232backI2C.jpg (191.3 KiB) Viewed 5247 times
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

x37v
LCD?

Post by x37v »

Thanks a lot for your help!
I realize these are old, I'm working on some hobby projects and happen to have a bunch of these that I got for very little money.

-Alex

chris
LCD?

Post by chris »

Hi,
I also have to work with this old LCD display and I also have to modify it to use I2C. But the above image ist not identical with my LCD (R1.2) at #2. I have there a resistor, but I don't think, that I have to remove it. I can open a connection a bit lower. Can someone confirm that?
Thanks a lot.
Chris