Wireless LCD...

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

relix
Uber Slave
Uber Slave

Post by relix »

I'm thinking of this as my eastern project, and my very first mod too. It'll be to get my noob skillz in soldering and stuff a bit higher, so I can start creating PCI cards (lol). Anyway, this is what I was thinking of:

Using this one as the sender:

It's a 433Mhz transmitter, and it's capable of sending with a speed of 2.4kbps, ideal for an MO LCD, don't you think? (2400 or even 1200 are supported by the LK204-25PC, the one that I'm planning to use). So, how do I do this? I was thinking of directly connecting pin 3 of the com port to pin 6 of the transmitter, and using the 5 volt of a molex somewhere at pin 1 and 2, and adding ground to pin 3 and 4 (pretty straightforward, don't you think :wink:).

This is a pic of the com stuff, taken from the MO site:

For the receiver, I'd use this one, it's made for the sender I'd use:

So, pin 1, 6 and 7 to ground of battery or adapter, pin 4 and 5 to 5 volt of battery or adapter, pin 8 the antenna, and where do I attach the pin 3 of the LCD too? Digital or linear? What's linear (appart from a really cool guy of the USA :wink:)? And will I have to use a resistor of some sort?

Here's some more info about the pair: http://www.rentron.com/rf_remote_control.htm

I think I'm gonna order one of the antennas they have (look in the remote control store) for the LCD, and get a nice looking box somewhere to put it all in. Still worrying about the battery though, how long will it live on 1 (or 2 or 3 ... ) batteries?

If anyone can be of any assistance, I'd greatly appreciate it, and I just wanna know for sure this is going to work before I order this stuff... :grin: