lk 204-25 keypad problem

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

swetha
LCD?

lk 204-25 keypad problem

Post by swetha »

hi,
i am using lk204-25e ver 2.0 module for my product. it worked fine for some days. for some reason it was misconfigured and so my module backlight was off, baud rate changed to unknown. so i put manual override jumpers then backlight is on, so i saved the required baudrate, backlight on. now it is working fine. but it is not sensing the keypad keys. it only sensing first row 5 keys. i tried set remember on and then 0xFE 0xD5 [KDown] [KUp] command, then too it is not sending any character on sensing the 2,3,4 rows keys. i tried by shorting row and column pins also, then also it is sending characters for only row 1 keys. what might be the problem? please help. :(
swetha

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for your question. Glad to hear that your display is almost operational again. I'll be able to help you more if you can tell me what response you are receiving from the unit when you press keys from the each of the four rows. You can use uProject to do this; just go to the "Main" tab, select "Auto transmit key presses", and then monitor the box to the right as you press different keys.

With this information I will be better equipped to diagnose your problem, and find a solution to get your LK204-25e up and running,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

swetha
LCD?

Post by swetha »

I am receiving 0x41,0x42,0x43,0x44,0x45 when we press keys from row 1.I am not receiving any response from the unit when we press keys from the each of the 2,3,4 rows.
swetha

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for trying that for me, it confirms that something is definitely wrong with your unit, and allows me to begin the RMA process so that we can get the problem fixed. I would like you to try one more thing to confirm that it is either the keypad or the display that is malfunctioning. Please disconnect your keypad, and make the same observations as you did previously, this time testing the lines by using a wire to connect each row pin to each one of the five column pins. You may have tried this already, I just need you to let me know what result is received by your display, to determine which part requires maintenance.

Thanks for your continued cooperation,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

swetha
LCD?

Post by swetha »

i disconnected keypad, and made the same observations as i did previously, this time testing the lines by using a wire to connect each row pin to each one of the five column pins. the same result is received by display.

Thanks,
swetha.
swetha

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Swetha,

Thanks for taking the time to manually test the keypad. This confirms that the problem is definitely within the display module. I am going to get you to try one last thing, let me know if that resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital