MX6 Bay installation!?!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

andrepvieira
LCD?

MX6 Bay installation!?!

Post by andrepvieira »

Here's my situation. I have a Ultra Aluminus case, and this is a"tool less" type of case in which the drive slides in on rails. Can anyone suggest the best way for me to install this unit on my "tool less" case, so that it will be steady enough (ex: to press buttons etc) ?? thanks.

Yeungster
LCD?

Post by Yeungster »

I'm new to this product too! My girlfriend has just bought me the MX610 and I too will be installing it into a tool-less case. I'll be looking forward to hearing the solution to this too 8)

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

I have a Antec case and I don't know if its "toolless", but it has slide in things for drives. I just mounted the MX unit as if it were a CD-ROM drive and its sitting there looking "normal".

I probably don't understand the issue.

Yeungster
LCD?

Post by Yeungster »

I'm at university and my mx610 is at home, waiting for me to start my new build, so I haven't actually physically had a look/feel of it properly.

The case I have is the coolermaster centurion 5 case, and has the push in/locking tabs for optical drives etc. Sounds like the same as yours Aniso!

Just worried that due to the shallowness of the unit, that it wouldn't lock in properly

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

I think you'll be ok. The MX is not as deep and it doesn't have "enough" screw-holes, but the rails hold it in nice. It works.