GLK12232-25 blinking character

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Perro Flaco
LCD?

GLK12232-25 blinking character

Post by Perro Flaco »

Hi everybody!

I've got a very simple question, I guess :-? Is it possible to have a character blinking in the GLK12232-25 graphic LCD?

Thank you for your help!!!

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

Not in any direct way, no. You can repeatedly send the same character to the same location from two different fonts (one normal and one inverted) to cause it to "blink". You could also send a space character alternating with your character (using a non-proportional font would be easiest). But in either case you would have to have your host system change it twice per second or something like that.

Perro Flaco
LCD?

Post by Perro Flaco »

Aniso wrote:Not in any direct way, no. You can repeatedly send the same character to the same location from two different fonts (one normal and one inverted) to cause it to "blink". You could also send a space character alternating with your character (using a non-proportional font would be easiest). But in either case you would have to have your host system change it twice per second or something like that.
Hi Aniso!

First of all, thank you for your replay!

I've done what you told me. It's pretty easy and works well, but it doesn't solve my problems. I've got some others process doing things with the graphic LCD, so I've got problems when two process try to access to the LCD at the same time. I'm working in a control access, and I was thinking about showing the time at the same time that the user introduce his password using the keypad port of the LCD. I want to show the ":" character blinking, but I guess I won't be able to do it :cry:

Any other idea?

Thanks!!!

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

Not at this time, no. We do have new versions of these displays in the lab, but I do not know the specific capabilities of them.

Does anyone else know if this is addressed in the new systems?

Mohiuddin
LCD?

hmmm

Post by Mohiuddin »

Aniso wrote:Not at this time, no. We do have new versions of these displays in the lab, but I do not know the specific capabilities of them.

Does anyone else know if this is addressed in the new systems?
hey .. im kinda new in lcds .. im working on GM12321 122x32 LCM ... as far as iv seen .. all 122x32 follows the same connectivity and logic to control it.
and unfortunately im trying to draw on my lcd using PIC16F84A micro-controller..

well technically u can show several displays at the same time and also making 1 blinking manually .. i havnt used the software (com) yet , but technically its possible with microcontroller,let me go in details...

u know ,there are two chips and 4 pages each,using pageselect and chip select the timing with 2khz clock, i can set several display in several pages changing them frequently and theres no problem with it,u can do the blinking in 2 ways
1.u can select chip1 put display , deselct it, select chip 2 put display and give timer delays,the thing happens is the chip1 stays calm while chip2 shows the delay,when u take input ucan put checkand change chip 2 as follows.
2.ucan use multi process system,like u use counter ,making to 100 times/200times any page on or off,make ur adjustment that u want.

well .. i need 1 solution , if anyone knows who can help me on PIC series lcd controll pls pm me and my problem is , i cant reset my lcd by software command.

take care.
Mohiuddin MD. Maruf

Mohiuddin
LCD?

Re: hmmm

Post by Mohiuddin »

perdon me ... 12c is different from 1520 .. sorry to bother u :) .. and my reset problem is solved :) .. if any1 interrested to contact .. pls be free ... thank u.
Mohiuddin MD. Maruf