6 x 9 prportional font for GLC24064

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

SteveK
LCD?

6 x 9 prportional font for GLC24064

Post by SteveK »

Hi there,

I have inherited a GLC24064 in a prototype which we are about to make into a production item. This display had a 6 x 9 proportional font loaded (very clean and elegant), but I cannot find such a font file anywhere (I have checked Mathew's GLK MO supplement on www.lcdc.cc/downloads).

Does anyone know where font files for such a font may be found?

Many thanks,
Steve Krenek

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

I looked around here and I don't have a font like that either. I am currently checking on the possibility of getting it out of the unit. Which firmware revision is it? You should be able to use this software to find out if you don't already know. http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/so ... /uproject/

I don't wish to appear too optimistic here. I am pretty sure that you are going to have to spend an hour or 2 recreating this font if you really want it. I have just joined the "lets get this stuff organized" team, so if you wish to contribute the font after you are done, I can make sure that it gets on the web site so that others may benifit as well.

I'll respond tomorrow about the possibility of getting it out more or less automatically.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/graphic_fonts/

Is it the Clean font? if not I'll take a look around, maybe I have more somewhere around here.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

No, it is not the "clean" font since "clean" is only 7 or 8 pixels tall and 5 wide... but then again... maybe it could be described as 6x9 if you added the gaps?

And "clean" is on the www.matrixorbital.ca site

SteveK
LCD?

Post by SteveK »

Thanks for your help so far.

You are right Aniso, it's not the Clean font - that is the smallest, it is actuially 5 x 6.

The version number of the display which has the desired font installed, as reported by uProject, is 14.

I look forward to you finding an automated way of extracting this from the display :-)

Regards,
Steve

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

SteveK wrote: I look forward to you finding an automated way of extracting this from the display :-)
Currently there is no way of downloading the fonts from the display. In a new revision of the display that is due to be out in about 1-2 weeks will have this feature, as well as be 8 times faster. I'll keep looking for the font.. but it doesn't look good.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

Steve,

I am going to offer to recreate this font for you since I happen to have a little time here while I get up to speed on some other things. I have discovered that we have a "dump file system to disk" program. If you can send me the output from that program, I believe that I can recreate your font (I designed the file system, so I am hoping it will look sensible to me). You will have to let me know which font reference number it is.

Now, I do not know the name or location of this file, but as soon as anyone shows up I'll ask around and post a URL.