LCDC

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

hi, i have notice a very weird thing in LCDC! when i'm running winamp 2.80 and skip track with a keypress the mail check go crazy, it checks for new mail every second and the keypad i use to control winamp doesn't work good anymore, (i must press 15 times a button to skip 1 track). And when i exit winamp, all is going fine again. But it doesn't do that all the time, sometimes i can use winamp normally and then suddenly the track doesn't skip and the mail check go crazy. Can you investigate ?

thx in advance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ultraspider on 2002-05-05 06:33 ]</font>

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Sounds like you have multiple events setup on that keystroke (same key to check mail)? Works fine on mine...But your welcome to send me your screen file if you want to test...

ultraspider
LCD Geek

Post by ultraspider »

i have looked at the problem again, and it is not a keypad problem. the problem comes when the mail check run while winamp is playing. i will send you my screen setup, just in case.

sygyzy
LCD Geek

Post by sygyzy »

Matt

I have spent the last 15 mins trying to find a SINGLE email address of yours and it's nowhere to be found. That is especially odd since even on your own webpage for LCDC, it's no there :smile:

Anyways, I would really appreciate it if you could email me at sygyzy@umail.ucsb.edu

I was wondering if you can tell me what method you use to disdplay the "virtual display". It has incompatibilities with my company's product and if your method of drawing on the screen doesn't work with our software, then anyone else who might use the same technique would encounter problems.

Thanks.

David

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Mat is gone for a week or so.. what kind of hardware are we speaking of here...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Version 1.0 is out, Version 1.0 is out!!!!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

I'#m noticiing a wierd problem with the Eval version of LCDC ver 1
When I try to stop the display, or even goto the menu, when the display is running, its REALLY slow. Anyone else noticed this?

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

It will slow down when it's checking mail or downloading from the web - that is one area I want to improve...

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

So it goes to the web everytime I try and access the interface?

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

No - only when it's doing a Mail check (if you have any acc's setup) or if you have the RSS feeds/WEA (weather)/SQT (Stock quote ticker) plugins active. Don't worry it's not sending me any data or anything (turn off all plugins and clear e-mail acc's and you will see no net access from it). It obviously depends on how often you have things set to update.

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

It seemed to do it even when I had not got anything checking, and no connection.

I'm going to try and get another eval period, and then investigate the problem further...I'm abit nervous about purchasing something which I can't get to work ATM :/

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

For anyone with a graphic GLK screen I've added a supplement to the downloads page now on the LCDC site to help out a bit.

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

What for my problem?

That would be good....all I need now is a free copy of LCDC so I can complete my GLK12232 Review :wink: ...ICQ me Mat-d-rat 59581341

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Yep, the GLK supliment should fix it :smile:

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Is there any way I can get another trial to check and see if it works?

Then I might splash out lol