fra dolpi
LCD!

Post by fra dolpi »

thanks a lot..... alll working properly

Flintstone
LCD?

Post by Flintstone »

Great software!

Just a few questions :smile: Is it possible for the mail checker to be written so that it checks for unread messages and not just if there are any? Doesn't help me a lot to learn that my unix mail account has 1.333 messages (I clean up just once every other month or so)...

Also a feature like the DVDSpy stuff in Girder (www.girder.nl) would have been great - getting all info from programs like ZoomPlayer etc.

Oh - and WinAmp has a lot of metadata that is missing from the plugin (Album, Year and Genre the most important to me...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flintstone on 2002-04-02 08:27 ]</font>

CaptainElectron
LCD!

Post by CaptainElectron »

I just installed my new LK-202-25 and have been having a blast making a bunch of custom displays with LCDC. Unfortunately, I do not know how to make LCDC program the LCD automatically when it is first loaded after a computer reboot. It puts itself in the system tray, but it does not seem to write anything to the LCD unless I specifically tell it to. What am I missing?

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Flintstone
Trying to find that out, at the moment I can only get the mail count in the box, and it looks like I'd have to go through every message to see if it's been read or not, trying to sort :smile:

Extra stuff will be eventually added (can't do everything at once!)

Winamp extra stuff, the plugin is not a drivet Winamp plugin so I can only get limited information, and what I'm showing at the moment is pretty much everything I can get :sad: (at least with ver 2.xx)

Captian Electron

Configuration | LCDC configuration | Load at Startup (Top option) :smile:

CaptainElectron
LCD!

Mat-d-Rat-

I was getting an "Unable to Change Key" pop-up, but it seemed to be because I was logged in on a username that lacked administrator permissions -- so that was easy to solve. :smile:

I now am wanting to have LCDC auto-start, perhaps stealthily, with a standard config for all users that log in to a machine. Is that a possibility?

-Cap'n E

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Captian...
Hmmm - the reason is that I am using the localhardware reg, rather than the current user reg to autostart it, I'll do some checking and then perhaps change it....There is not a way to have a standard config for all users - Let me think on this one!

CaptainElectron
LCD!

Matt-

In your copious spare time, try to think about bulk licensing on your soon-to-be-released commercial version of LCDC. By "Bulk", I am only thinking of 10 at a time. :smile:

Cap'n E

Troy
LCD?

Post by Troy »

On 2002-04-02 08:11, Flintstone wrote:
Great software!

Also a feature like the DVDSpy stuff in Girder (www.girder.nl) would have been great - getting all info from programs like ZoomPlayer etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flintstone on 2002-04-02 08:27 ]</font>
This would be AWESOME!! I would love to see LCDC get the Title/chapter etc info from dvd's

-Troy

Flintstone
LCD?

Post by Flintstone »

mat-d-rat:

Nice! About the winamp stuff it might be really easy to implement if you can get the filename of the MP3 file... I'm sure there are ID3 tag readers for whatever development platform you're using :smile: But I know this might be low priority...

One thing you could add, that I think would be easy, is either a window with textboxes(which can be minimized to tray with the main program) or a command line tool, which translates recieved data to variables available in the config. This way I could use Girder and input pretty much any text from any program I can think of into the display!! Example: I could use Girder to get the current playing DVD title for me and execute the following : lcdvar.exe custom_var_1 "Ghost In The Shell"...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flintstone on 2002-04-03 20:20 ]</font>

ikonis
LCDC Programmer

Post by ikonis »

people need to start writing some leeto plugins...

since i dont know where to begin

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2002-04-03 23:35, ikonis wrote:

I'm reallyl ooking forward to more IIS info and then HTPC!!!

This is an annoucement:

If any programmer wishing to write a plug in for LCDC to expand it, we will sponsor them! Meaning, discount on displays (or even free)... Post your idea in the forum. Since LCDC has a virtual display, you can begin writing and testing right away!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2002-04-04 00:21 ]</font>

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Hi Flintstone, the text variables thing has been asked for before, I've downloaded Girder but have to admit that I'm a bit lost (not having a remote unit don't help!) Your welcome to mail me an I'll see what I can do as getting a grider plugin (direct or inderect) would be cool!

ikonis
LCDC Programmer

Post by ikonis »

On 2002-04-04 00:18, Henry wrote:
On 2002-04-03 23:35, ikonis wrote:

I'm reallyl ooking forward to more IIS info and then HTPC!!!

This is an annoucement:

If any programmer wishing to write a plug in for LCDC to expand it, we will sponsor them! Meaning, discount on displays (or even free)... Post your idea in the forum. Since LCDC has a virtual display, you can begin writing and testing right away!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2002-04-04 00:21 ]</font>
I had typed in alot of plugin ideas....

such as an mIRC highlight notifier that can turn on a GPO or whatever the user would like it to do....
(useful for when people are in a game or... as in my case... laying on the bed watching tv)

q3 engine game stats and info...
same with halflife...

dvd software plugins....

hotmail plugin.. for those that still use this horrible HORRIBLE email service... heh

I've actually began working on the mIRC plugin... its in 2 parts... mIRC plugin.. and LCDC plugin
Wrote the mIRC part.. and am brushing up on my Pascal/Delphi skills.. (its been 7 yrs since ive even considered using this language)

While I dont have an MO display (not saying I dont want one).... I wrote a definition file for my VFD.... so I can test it out on a real display :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ikonis on 2002-04-04 13:58 ]</font>

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Great Ideas!!!

No just need some one to make them :smile:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

ikonis
LCDC Programmer

Post by ikonis »

I'll try!

Just need a way to access stats outside of q3.... (cause i really want a jk2 plugin... :smile: )