LCDC

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

Great! I just downloaded the new version and it's working great. I've got my temps in F now. :smile:

Thanks again!

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

Okay.. I've got a couple questions now. :smile:

First off, I'm using the 'Center of Scroll Left' Option to display the track name and artist name for my Winamp screen. I'm using a 4x20 display. When the song name is exactly 20 characters long it scrolls instead of just filling up the whole line. Hmm.. I guess that's not a question after all. :smile:

Second... I'm using the events 'on winamp start' and 'on winamp stop' to switch to my winamp screen when winamp is playing, and to switch back to my main screen when it's off. I'm also using the 'on mail in' and 'on no mail' events to switch to a special 'you've got mail' screen and back to the main screen when I don't have mail... The problem is that I'd like it to go back to winamp if winamp is playing... When it checks my mail (every 5 minutes) I lose the winamp display because it's going to the main screen... Is there a way around this?

Red Five
LCD?

Post by Red Five »

I have a quick question: Under the ProcessCommands item for Events, there are items called GPOOn and GPOOff. How do I use these items? Can I call a specific GPO with these methods?
Thanks.

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

jleach :-
First - Sorted... was a BUG!

Second - Sorted via ICQ with you :smile:

Red five :-
Those two methods expect a paramter (e.g. are used internally) but you could easily add your own commands to that defintion file if you needed... What are you trying to achieve?

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

Apparently I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to locking/unlocking to groups... I sent you the issue I'm having in a private message thru this forum. If you want me to post it here, let me know.

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

I'n the pvt message (sorry didn't even know this forum had pvt msgs!) you say the screen is up "indefinite" it won't move to the next screen in this case, the only way to do it would be to set the duration to 30 secs or something?

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

Yep, they are indefinite... I don't want them to change on a timer, only on events. The winamp screen should be up when winamp is playing... If mail comes in then the mail event will display the mail screen - when the mail goes away then I want it to switch back to the winamp screen if winamp hasn't been stopped, if not I want it to go back to the main screen. That's how I've got the events and groups setup but it doesn't appear to be working... The event to switch to a specific screen happens no matter how the groups are set or locked.

Red Five
LCD?

Post by Red Five »

Mainly, I'm just experimenting with the various commands available. But I also want to have LCDC turn off all GPOs with the On Finish event, though. I have, for instance, a couple GPOs that turn on to warn about high temps, another that flashes when Winamp plays. I have set up 6 different events, one for each GPO, but that hasn't worked.
This brings me to another thing. Would it be possible to make 2 hopefully tiny changes to the Winamp plugin?
1. Instead of having a Play/Stop button and a Pause/Resume one, how about a Play/Pause button and a Stop button? I think that most CD players do this, as well as most Winamp add-on GUI plugins.
2. Might there be a way to add an On Pause event for Winamp? That way, I could have a light come on solid for playing, flash for pause, and off for stop.
Thx.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Red Five on 2002-03-28 10:16 ]</font>

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Ok jleach :-
On the nomail event set up the event to be "SP->Skip forward 1 screen" what this will do is force LCDC to find the next screen in the curren group. So put you basic screen into group "normal" and have an on init event to "DPS->Lock to groups" and select the "Normal" group. Then on mail move to the mail screen (moving directly to a screen overrides enable/disabled and groups). That should do it, if you want to mail me you file I'll test it out :smile:

Red five :-
Pause/Resume is the same as Play/Pause? which ever way you do it it still requires 2 keys :smile: and this is the way the winamp screen works. Yes added an OnPause event now...

Red Five
LCD?

Post by Red Five »

Right, either way requires 2 buttons. I was just saying that most CD players I know of use the Play/Pause and Stop format instead of the Play/Stop and Pause format. I just thought it might make more sense this way rather than the way it is now. But then again, maybe that's just me... ;-)

Now, for my other previous question: How do I use the commands GPOOn and GPOOff? Do I do GPOOn(1) or something like that? Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Red Five on 2002-03-28 18:02 ]</font>

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

Ah, okay I understand how it works, now.

I'm not sure that it's working, yet.. tho. It seems to take two mail off events to get it to switch from the mail screen... I made the same events with keypad in, A and B for mail in and no mail. It takes two clicks on the B in the virtual keypad to get back from the mail screen. Checking the mail twice will also do it but once won't.

Thanks,
James

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jleach on 2002-03-28 20:49 ]</font>

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Red five : GPO stuff, got a fix for that in the next version

jLeach : Ok this maybea bug but I can't reproduce it, can you main me your command file so I can test/debug.

jleach
LCD Geek

Post by jleach »

I'll have to do it when I get home. What's your e-mail address or do you want me to try via ICQ?

Thanks,
James

fra dolpi
LCD!

Post by fra dolpi »

hi, i'm using your last version with a lk204-25-pc... whow what a program ! i have only a problem the CPU usage bar and indicators do not show nothing to me !! (i'm using win xp pro) and also the hd selection show me only C/D/E/F i have also G/H how i can let it see them ?
thanks for yur work....
fra dolpi

Red Five
LCD?

Post by Red Five »

You have to use the CPU indicator from the MBM (MM5) plugin; the one you're trying to use was disabled. Read an earlier post in this thread to find out why.
As for the drive space readings, you can just change the letter in the variable. For instance, the variable for the Free Space Bar for drive C is [#$SysDisBFRC]. To get the free space bar for drive H, just change the variable to [#$SysDisBFRH]. I've done it, and it seems to work for all the HD space variables.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Red Five on 2002-03-29 23:25 ]</font>