garbage characters

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Benoit
LCD?

Post by Benoit »

Hi :smile:

First, I hope you will understand my english :wink:

I have a LK202-25-V display that I bought with all items (serial cable, modified Y power cable,...)

I plugged this module with no damage :smile: and tried some programs on Windows and Linux without problems (Winamp plugin, LCDproc, Matrix Demo,...)

I'm not a developper but I would like to write a "scoreboard" program for the game Unreal Tournament.
I made some output tests with Visual Basic without problems too (write text, bar graph,...)

But, since I tried "auto scroll on/wrap on" (I think I sent bad parameters to the module), I see only garbage characters, even when I turn off the power for a long time.

The Winamp plugin and Matrix demo don't work properly now, but the module receives the datas and writes these strange characters :sad:

I tried different parameters with no success :sad:

I found in the documentation a "manual override" but I'm not sure it can help me and I don't want to make an error with the jumper and "kill" my LCD (if it's not too late already).

I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance...

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

Oh, I am sure that it is just fine :smile: Somehow the unit thought that you told it to change speed. This happens sometimes during development. I have done it many times. Go ahead and do the manual override thing. If the instructions are clear, you cannot damage the unit. No matter what you short together on that keypad connector, you will not damage it.

Let us know what happens

Benoit
LCD?

Post by Benoit »

I follow the instructions for the manual override and use the speed program on the CDROM.

I've tried 2 or 3 times, and all is right now! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thank you Aniso for your help, I can continue to work with it :smile:

But I will let the module outside now because, I don't know why, I think I will see these characters again :grin:

Thank you.