Reversing the polarizer (again)

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

PatO
LCD Geek

Post by PatO »

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but I'm just having no luck getting rid of the purple!

Okay, I removed the front and rear polarizer from my MO 4x40 LCD. The front one was similar to the film I got from polarization.com. The rear polarizer was semi-transparent, white in color, and very thick. Diffuses light as well as polarizes it (held it up to one of my other pieces of polarizer).
So the lcd is clear as a window now - very pretty. I took two pieces of polarizer and placed one on top of the lcd and one on bottom - then spun them. Bam! Purple. Clear to brown to purple and back again (in direct light). What gives?
My film appears to be good - hold two pieces up to a light and turn - no purple shows. They just go from clear to black.

Could this be from the construction of the lcd glass/crystal? Duh, stupid question. I should rephrase that to say "Why does this happen to this lcd and not others?"

I was thinking I might try taking another lcd (not MO) apart and using the lcd on my MO backplane... What do you think?

btw - for those of you on the "other" site (which shall remain nameless) - I'm sorry you have to read this twice. My fingers are tired and it's past my bedtime.