HELP!!! PLEASE!!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

pcboy
LCD?

Post by pcboy »

I have just receved my LK204-25PC Limited edition LCD display and i have a problem with it. the first time i connected it to the power it was fine and then i turned it off and when i powered it backup the display has light up but with nothing on it. just the black light part has light up. i can't get any program to connect to the display or send anything (text) or anything to it. any ideas? Thanks

Pc

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

So, using a program that you know works and is on the right port and speed, can you turn the backlight on and off?

pcboy
LCD?

Post by pcboy »

Nothing is working now. i've tryed every program i can find and nothing is working. the back light it on and no text.. nothing..

T-BONE
Case Gawd!

Post by T-BONE »

What about the power to the unit??
Did you use a modded floppie conector?
Or did you buy the cable here?
Sounds like you might have used too much volts and if this is the cases, that baby is toast...I did mine the same way...the only that still works is the backlite...

For your sake, I hope that is not what you did..

pcboy
LCD?

Post by pcboy »

i've used the power cable that i was told to use.. an unmodified computer power cable.. is there anything i can do to fix it as far as i can tell it should be under waranty but matrix orbital has'nt replyed to my emails

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

I am sure that Henry is taking care of it. We have had several conversations about it today. I am simply mystified. A unit just does not do something like that for no reason. About the only thing that I can think of that would cause these symptoms without "blowing it up" is if the crystal fell off the board. The oblong crystal is still there I assume? :wink:

pcboy
LCD?

Post by pcboy »

Heyas..

i'm a computer techo and electronics techo by trade and i understand when you said crystals but i've not had any other problems with any other lcd displays that i've had. i've had 2 diffrent ones in the past but they are no longer hear i sold them so i could get this display. is there anyway i can get a replacement one? and order another set of the power and communications cables ?if i get a replace ment?. i was looking forward to get this display but i've had these problemssince the day i got it and its driving me mad.. :sad: ohh well if u come up with any ideas on how to fix this problem or any chance of gettting a replacement.

Regards
Grant

please icq me for faster responces
icq - 336069

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

I have ICQed you and e-mailed you. I'll resend the e-mail again. Lets get this resolved.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

pcboy
LCD?

Post by pcboy »

heya..

check that you sent the email to the correct address.... my email is p_c_b_o_y@hotmail.com
and my icq number is 336069

thanks
Cya

jodynicH
Case Guy
Case Guy

Post by jodynicH »

techno means artifically made, so pretty much your saying your not a computer person :grin: