Fans not starting at PC boot

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

stigmata
LCD?

Fans not starting at PC boot

Post by stigmata »

hi everyone
i'm thinking about buying a MX2/4 display and i started looking at this forum. i've read a couple of threads about fans not starting at pc boot, but only at LCDC start. it seems that this problem can be fixed with some solder work. in all threads the fans were described as "connected to GPOs" and not to fan plugs.
well, my question is: this problem only applies to fans connected to GPOs or to every connected fan? there are 4 fan plugs and that's enough for me, i don't neet to use more than 4 plugs, so i will not use GPOs to control fans.
i'm not going to do any solder work and i need to control my cpu fan, so you can understand how this question is important to me... :D

thank you in advance

ps sorry for my english... its not my mothertongue ;)

FrankFuss
LCD Geek

Post by FrankFuss »

There is a command to set the power-up PWM level or each fan. The details should be in the past threads somewhere and in the MX2/4 manual.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

Any recent units that are ordered will have this feature already installed. If you receive a unit which does not have this ability, let me know and I'll walk you through the appropriate steps. The fans are connected via fan headers, however they are still controlled by the high powered GPO's. :)
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

stigmata
LCD?

Post by stigmata »

hi
thanks for the reply :)
its great to know that this issue has been solved in the new units!

i will order the unit in a month or less (payday... :D) but shipping costs from canada are very high, and here in italy we have to pay taxes for everything we buy outside italy :( too bad there are not MO distributors here.

well, thanks again!

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Please see the following link for a list of distributors. There may be a distributor that is better suited to fit your shipping needs!! :D

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/distributors.asp
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

stigmata
LCD?

Post by stigmata »

thanks, i'll take a look
but will they have the latest revision, the one with the feature you told me about?

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

All MX distributors should have the latest version as the change happened in the begining of the year. If by some chance they do have one you can contact Miles and he can walk you through the software change.
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

stigmata
LCD?

Post by stigmata »

eheheh i've placed an order for an MX411 plus some addins...
it should arrive in a few weeks since the shop must wait until it arrives from MO... i'm sure its worth the wait! :D :D :D

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

I have the opposite problem; all the case fans goto 100% (they only need to be @ 25-40% tops) on startup until LCDC starts. I've tried using the bootup program to set the GPO startup defaults, but I can't seem to make it work.

Even when LCDC starts, it doesn't turn down one of the fans (the front one) which stays at 100%, until I manually start and stop the display.

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Can you email me and I'll send you the default memory chip file to reset the module to factory settings. :)
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital