Which MO model is right for me?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ross1701
LCD?

Which MO model is right for me?

Post by ross1701 »

Hiya,
I'm looking to get a LCD for my new system that I am in the process of choosing the bits for.
I've done my research and it seems that a Matrix Orbital is the way to go.
But I'm not really sure which one would do the things I'd like to do.
I'll list the things and I'd be grateful if someone in the know would point me in the right direction! :)

Okay, I'd like to:
1) Be able to control case fans. Off and On. Going from 12v to 7v a-la baybus would be nice too.
2) Be able to turn LEDs on and off for various events such as recieving email (which I believe you can do with optional LED module)
3) Display info relating to the system and Winamp data (seems all can do this but I want to make sure).

I haven't fully decided whether I would want a 2 or a 4 line display, so if you can recommend both a 2 and a 4 line display that can do what I'd like it to do, then that'd be cool! :D

Im in the UK and will probably be ordering from www.kustompcs.co.uk as they seem to be the only comprehensive UK supplier.

Cheers,
Ross.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Well, the best deal and easiest to use would be the MX2 series, it comes with the bay insert, a full copy of LCDC 3 low power GPO's and 3 Adv. GPO's (aka fan headers)... you can get the LK204-24-USB, which has 3 low power GPO's and 4 Adv. GPO's, but there is not "kit" for that unit yet.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

ross1701
LCD?

Post by ross1701 »

Thanks for the reply.
I did have my eye on the MX series, so I'll probably go for that. :)

Cheers,
Ross.

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

The latest model MX2 really will be perfect for all those uses.

I've have got one (and reviewed it) and they really are cracking. The functionality is great