Corrupt Display MX222

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

garysteel
LCD!

Corrupt Display MX222

Post by garysteel »

Hmm..I don't seem to be having much luck here. Any help would be appreciated.

The display has been working no problem with LCDC since it arrived on Wednesday, but a couple of hours ago, i noticed the first eight blocks from the Left hand side of the display where failing to show the correct display.

Checked here, read about 19200 baud speed checked that, Carried out the manual override as detailed in 1.7 and made sure everything is set to 19200. but as soon as I tell LCDC to run the display file ,the same corruption occurs.

I've tried reconfiguring/detecting which it does. I then ran the test sending LCDC text to the LCD which works. If I then load screen builder and click on an item for it to display...that works but as soon as I tell it to start display...i get the corrupt data. If I go back to Screen builder and tell it to display an item its corrupt too !! I then have to rededect and use the test to clear the display and then i can send an item to the display from Screen builder but thats it. When I tell it to Start display ...badaboom...Corrupt Display.

Any help would be aprreciated
Regards
Gary :-?

garysteel
LCD!

Post by garysteel »

PS. The Virtual Display Shows the correct info.

G.

garysteel
LCD!

Post by garysteel »

The Following instructions may have solved the problem....will keep you informed :)

"The memory file was screwed up for a bit, and has since been fixed. Apparently your unit was programmed with the messed up version. Good thing it's a very easy fix. First you will need two things:

1) http://www.matrixorbital.ca/downloads/uproject.zip
2) http://www.matrixorbital.ca/downloads/m ... 3_c2.0.mem

Then just follow these steps

1) Load up uProject
2) Goto the uploader tab
3) In the left half of the screen expand upload
4) Drag the memory icon into the right hand pane
5) Browse to the directory where you downloaded the .mem file into
6) Then you should be able to select the mem file frome the list, and pres OK
7) Press F9, select your COM-Port and press execute

After that is done, power down the unit and power it back up and you should be fine. If anybody is unsure if they have the bad memchip file in their unit, you can download and apply this patch if your board is Rev 1.3 or 1.4.

**** DO NOT APPLY THIS FIX TO ANY OTHER PCB REVS ****
******* YOUR UNIT WILL BECOME NON FUNCTIONAL *******

The only side effect is that any special characters, fan/gpo settings, startup screens or any other settings you have will be lost."

garysteel
LCD!

Post by garysteel »

Aye, thats seems to have cured the problem. Would still like to know what the problem was though.

Gary

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

By the looks of things the controller was slightly improperly programmed due to a corrupt file. Thus it was unable to address the first couple of display blocks.

Paradigm
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Paradigm »

Just to put my 0.02CAD in, the only change to the memory file was that the cursor startup value was invalid in the original file. When the LCD controller gets an invalid curser value, it tends to do really wierd things. Glad to see those instructions worked for you too.
James McTavish, P.Eng
Director of Engineering
Matrix Orbital

garysteel
LCD!

Post by garysteel »

:) Thanks for all the replies, Just adding to the info here, I think this started playing up after I'd tried to change the boot display with software supplied.

I have since found that my system does NOT like me installing other software that simulates USB serial connections. I do not know if its because I have the Display installed, but the software (and USB cable) i use to modify my Mobile Phone now crashes..another wierdness. But I install that on a diffent installed partition and its ok...I assume theres a clash with open Serial Ports , but wondering if Bluetooth will affect it as it opens bings of simulated Serial Comm ports!!...not tried yet..had too much hassle keeping the mx222 content.

Excellent little display though, would like LCDC to get the Virtual Display working consistenly as this functionality is extremely useful even if u have a display installed.

Wee G.

Keep up the hard work over the in C.

arjanvr
LCD!

Post by arjanvr »

well, it worked the first time I used it, now my display messed up again and this trick doesnt work anymore... it cannot detect that my disply is at com3 when i use autodetect so i think it dont work because of that somehow... any other ideas?

Arjan

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Can you connect to the display without autodetect...?
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

arjanvr
LCD!

Post by arjanvr »

no I can't :cry:

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

In the device manager what does it has the device listed as...?
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

arjanvr
LCD!

Post by arjanvr »

At "ports (COM & LTP)"
Matrix Orbital MX2xx USB Driver (com3)

At "USB controllers"
Matrix Orbital MX2xx USB Driver

those are all I can find in the device manager..

Arjan

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Can you email me at myero@matrixorbital.ca so we can discuss RMA options....?? :cry:
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

arjanvr
LCD!

Post by arjanvr »

Dunno what RMA options are, but the problem seem to have fixed itself.. I turned off my pc for the night and unplugged the USB cable for the 100th time and this morning when I turned it on again and did another autodetect it could find the display and now its working again.. this is the last time I am complaining when it stops working and just keep trying to get it working again :D

Back to configurating it again...

thanks again for your help...

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

We really do not like the Acts of God fixes.... :-?
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital