VFD Filters?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

S1DIMMER
LCD?

VFD Filters?

Post by S1DIMMER »

I wanted to buy a blue vfd filter. I was ok with the $12 price at the matrix orbital site but the $18 shipping cost for something that could be mailed to me is rediculous. Does anyone know a place to get a blue vfd filter at a reasonable price. Could I just use some clear blue plastic?

babyjocko
LCD!

Post by babyjocko »

$18 shipping for a $12 filter? $12 filter? Oh my! I had some plastic colored Rolodex protectors that I cut up and used to filter my VFD. Plastic film is all you need and you could probably find some scraps around, which would make your filter free. $12? $30 with shipping? There ought to be a law!

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Try your local kraft/hobby shop

They might be called Gels (used in stage lighting) or cellophane sheets

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Shipping and Such

Post by Henry »

As for the cost of shipping the filter, concidering that the filter if being shipped from Canada and 95% of the time the box is on your front door step by 10am the next day, I don't call that bad for the price. The reason it's the price is that is what we get charged to ship, we do not inflate our shipping prices, because that's immoral and wrong (there is a special place in hell for companies that try to make money on the shipping and product).

As for the filter, the filters we offer are very high quality, probably too much for what you will be using it for, but never the less they are very nice, circular polorized, hard coated and scrach resistent... but the other suggestions are good too...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

S1DIMMER
LCD?

Post by S1DIMMER »

Sorry Henry didn't mean to knock Matrix Orbital at all. You guys make a nice product. My vfd is in my PC so no need for a high end filter. I'll look from some thin blue plastic sheet somewhere and make my own. Thanks.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

S1DIMMER wrote:Sorry Henry didn't mean to knock Matrix Orbital at all. You guys make a nice product. My vfd is in my PC so no need for a high end filter. I'll look from some thin blue plastic sheet somewhere and make my own. Thanks.
I know your weren't knocking us, call it an official statement :)
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital