Debating: GLK12232-25-SM vs. GLK12232-25-WBL

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

T.W.A.I.N
LCD?

Debating: GLK12232-25-SM vs. GLK12232-25-WBL

Post by T.W.A.I.N »

Hey all.

I'm trying to decide on which of these graphical LCDs to go with, but I have a couple of questions.

Bare in mind I'm only planning on mounting either of these internally. First off, I have room to mount the LCD into two drive bays, but I'd perfer to do it in one. Can the SM fit into a single 5 1/4 bay? Judging by my math it'd be a close fit, but I'd like to hear from somebody who's actually done it before I make a purchase. I naturally assume of course the only option for the WBL would be a double 5 1/4 mount. I'm leaning more towards the WBL, despite it being on backorder or whatever, assuming it will fit ok in the dimensions I said.

Also, anybody have a suggestion as to where I could get mounting brackets if I go with a WBL/SM? I'm not very good with a dremel tool, although I have had a little experience with them. :roll:

Thanks in advance,
T.W.A.I.N

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

The two units are exactly the same, its just the WBL is bigger. When I had mine it would fit into a bay plate in my globalwin YCC616F no problem (I checked it there, athough I didn't install it)