USB DRIVER!!!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

ok, try using the windows uninstall of the drivers, then unplug the LCD, run that little program and then check your registry to see if those two things are gone, reboot and then plug in the LCD and try the drviers again. if you get any kind of error let me know in detail what it is.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

OK, I'll try it again as you recommend, but my registry never had "ftser2k" so I can only delete the other file. that little cleaner program would'nt work either before but I'll try again...thanks

DrBob147
LCD Geek

THAT'S THE TICKET!!!

Post by DrBob147 »

Do to your expert guidance, it's now working. I think you must remove the drivers via windows removal for it to work. I did get an error message when I tried to use the little reg cleaner program, the error was "error removing registry keys" Thank you so much!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

ok, glad it worked out... looks like the program is only good for Windows 2000 systems... I hope this will help everyone else. Don't forget to grab the newest version of LCDC!!!! just came out.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

Gonna go get the new version right now...thanks again!

calabris
LCD?

Post by calabris »

I installed from the disk first. When they did not work I came to this forum, found the link for the new drivers and cleaner. I followed all instructions for cleaning the registry manually, the reg cleaner did not work. I then reinstalled, manually pointing the installation to the new 1.1 drivers. I still get the same error during the installation of the serial driver that I got with the 1.0 ver drivers.

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

Try the additional step of removing the drivers by going to windows control panel (I'm assuming that you are running WinXP)...then add/remove programs...then delete all MO Drivers listed there. Then connect LCD...when New Hdwe Wizard opens after you reconnect LCD, point it to the new drivers when asked for a location. This finally worked for me...good luck

Spike99
LCD?

Post by Spike99 »

Just wanted to thank everyone. I would also like to state that I did all of the above, and the installation did not work until I went into the control panel>add remove Programs, and physically uninstalled the drivers. Windows likes to find drivers for something, and use those drivers no matter if you want it to or not. So if your running XP like me, best go into control panel and uninstall them. Then, reinstall the 1.1 drivers you downloaded from the link above. Make sure you have your LCD unplugged when all this is going down, until you have to reinstall it neways. Restart in between each step as well. Happy hunting! Cheers!

calabris
LCD?

Post by calabris »

:D

m00
LCD!

Post by m00 »

the link is dead... where can i down the new driver files ?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hello...

Try it again, ahould be working now...
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

Works fine Miles :)
. DrBob147 .
---------------------------------
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Thanks DOC...!! :D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Bellerophon
LCD!

Post by Bellerophon »

Well, I just installed a new motherboard and now I seem to be having the same problem as above. Spent two days installing and uninstalling, even reinstalled XP but I still get the same old error trying to install the port portion. service name already in use or something like that. :(

Looks like I'm MO-less

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

Read above at one of my previous posts and remove the drivers via the Control Panel, Add/Remove programs...then plug-in display and follow New Hardware Wizard and point it to V1.1 Drivers. Good luck! <:)
. DrBob147 .
---------------------------------
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."