USB DRIVER!!!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

Glad it all worked out...now you can play with the sweetest display out there...good luck and HAVE FUN!!! <:)
. DrBob147 .
---------------------------------
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Smurf
LCD?

Post by Smurf »

Ok, I've talked with Miles about this over the phone, and i used two LCDs in the process, a MX222 and a MX212. I yeild the exact same results as Bellerophon, even if i unplug everything in a USB port. I installed the new drivers, etc etc, everything here mentioned I've tried, only to come up with a "Cannot install this Hardware" for the USB serial port. Any suggestions? I've tried at this for over a month now. bellerophon himself tried and help me at a lan party, with no good results.

EDIT: I have windows XP pro SP1a

Smurf
LCD?

Post by Smurf »

WHOA! i completely missed the new drivers there...sneaky sneaky sneaky! anyway thanks...it works now!!!! w0000000t thanks guys

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

I'm glad to hear that you got the problem resolved and everything works fine...Enjoy!! :D
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Jbeaus
LCD?

May 2003 v11 driver?

Post by Jbeaus »

Are these for a specific USB lcd? Or any of them?

Specifically, can I replace the v10 driver I have for my lk202-24 usb?

Thanks!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Re: May 2003 v11 driver?

Post by Henry »

Jbeaus wrote:Are these for a specific USB lcd? Or any of them?

Specifically, can I replace the v10 driver I have for my lk202-24 usb?

Thanks!
The above driver will work on all the USB units we currently offer and plan to offer in the next little while.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

F00
LCD?

Post by F00 »

Hello,

I've read this entire thread and tried everything several times with no luck.

Windows Server 2003
Currently have MX2 installed on 8 servers
- (1) I have not been able to get working at all. (2) recently stopped working altogether and the screens are blank

- Under Device Manager - Properties for the device - General tab - "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" this is present for all 3.

- The one that never has worked simply kept starting and stopping the diveice in Device Manager, refreshing the screen, going from a working state to a non working state over and over again until uninstalled.

I've tried both the 1.1 and 1.4 drivers.
The other 5 are running V1.1 drivers and are working fine.
I installed 1 of the 3 on an XP system to be sure the device was not faulty and of course it worked perfectly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

F00,

Thanks for posting at the forum.

For the unit that isn't working, what happens when you plug an unmodified floppy power cable and the usb cable? Also, what exact model of the display is it?

F00
LCD?

Post by F00 »

Thanks Tom, for the fast reply.

I haven't tried the floppy cable. Are you suggesting to power the device with the floppy power cable and USB cable? I have not seen anything in reference to this and would need more info before proceeding...I'm picking up a project left by another employee.

The model is MX232

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

F00,

I just wanted to see if the unit will power up properly with the unmodified floppy power cable plugged in. I forgot to mention, but for the two with the driver problem, can you uninstall the drivers and registry entries, and reinstall the drivers? The location of the registry entries will be shown on the second post of this thread. There may just be a driver problem with the 2 units.

Let me know what your results are.

Best Regards,

F00
LCD?

Post by F00 »

Tom,

The unit that was not working at all on the server powered up fine on windows XP. The other 2 units have been installed and uninstalled several times (with both V1.1 and V1.4 drivers. I removed the registry entries, uninstalled the drivers, removed the drivers from windows etc. I cannot get them to work at all. I was wondering if it is an issue with a windows update or patch that was installed...But all of the servers have the same patches/updates.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

F00,

If you can't get the 2 units with the usb problems working on other systems, then I think it may be a hardware issue.

Can you email me at support@matrixorbital.ca, so we can discuss some rma options. Please provide me in your email your first and last name, phone number, company name, serial numbers, and your shipping address.

Best Regards,
Last edited by Tom on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

F00
LCD?

Post by F00 »

I'll test the 2 units on another system and get back to you via e-mail.

Thanks for your assistance.

diarh34
LCD!

Re: USB DRIVER!!!

Post by diarh34 »

Ok so I installed the first link and it installed fine but lcdc would not detect my display, then I noticed there was a link for 64bit which I should have tried in the first place but after uninstalling the first ones and trying to install the 64 bit ones windows asks for a signed version of the driver....anyone have any ideas? Would really like to get this working in win7 (mx412)

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: USB DRIVER!!!

Post by Clark »

Hi diarh34,

The drivers on page one of this thread are a little out of date; they may have been created before we started signing them. Please download our latest drivers which can always be found at www.matrixorbital.ca/drivers.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital