USB DRIVER!!!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

USB DRIVER!!!

Post by Henry »

Last edited by Henry on Tue May 31, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

During the driver install I will receive this error at the end,

"service name already exists".

this is how to fix things..

step 1.

go to and delete this from your registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FTSER2K
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FTDIBUS

step 2.

reboot your computer

step 3.

install drivers 1.1
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

silentcircuit
LCD?

Post by silentcircuit »

Hey guys,

These new drivers work wonders, also if you are having problems with windows2k or XP recognizing these new ones cause the old ones are installed you are forgetting one thing. If you choose the new one and windows is pointing to some other drivers called like OEM7.inf or whatever then just click the check box at the bottom that says, or choose a different driver, this will list the one windows picked and the one that you chose, this will make things work great, and the v11 drivers work great on win2k!

anamoly
LCD?

I LOVE YOU HENRY!!!

Post by anamoly »

THANK YOU for the v11 drivers they work great i've been trying to get this thing to work for almost... :jawdrop: 3 hours, and with your help i got it working...thanks again!

d i g ][ t a l
LCD?

Post by d i g ][ t a l »

I can't get the drivers installed... I dunno what to do. I tried updating the driver from the folder i created from the zip and it doesn't do anything.

LegoBoy
LCD?

Post by LegoBoy »

I am having the same probelm as Dig][tal I've downloaded the new drivers and uninstalled the old ones and i still get the same message, Servce name already in use. Is there any other fixes available?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

did you delete the registry keys like I described?
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

LegoBoy
LCD?

Post by LegoBoy »

Yes but i never saw a FTSER2k to delete i did see the FTDIBUS and i did delete that. I delete the FTIBUS then i remove the USB Serial port and Matrix Orbital MX2xx USB Drivers from the device manager, restart the computer and when Windows detects new harware i point to the folder that i unzipped the 1.1 drivers in for both the Matrix Orbital MX2xx and the USB serial Port . Can you see anything i'm doing wrong in there? if so please let me know!!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Try this program..

make sure the LCD is not pluged in.. and run it, reboot, use the new drivers from the forum here.

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/download/USBCleandriver.zip
Last edited by Henry on Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

LegoBoy
LCD?

Thanks I got it

Post by LegoBoy »

Ok i was getting really frustrated and literally started trying random things trying to get those drivers installed I don't know what i did but it works fine now. Thanks for helping me!! you guys rock

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Re: Thanks I got it

Post by Henry »

LegoBoy wrote:Ok i was getting really frustrated and literally started trying random things trying to get those drivers installed I don't know what i did but it works fine now. Thanks for helping me!! you guys rock
Bah, I hate those solutions!!!! well, lets hope no one else has your problems... don't forget to download the new LCDC... just posted on the LCDC forums!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

calabris
LCD?

Post by calabris »

:x
I have a Matrix Orbital MX222 that I am unable to install the USB serial driver for. I am having the same probelm that other people have posted that it says the name is in use for this driver. I have uninstalled the drivers, unplugged the unit, run the registry cleaner and manually checked the registry to make sure the lines are uninstalled. I have unzipped the new 1.1 drivers I then plug the unit in and the installation goes fine untill it needs the "ftserui2.dll". It is not included in the new 1.1 driver package. :evil:

DrBob147
LCD Geek

I'm having the same problems...

Post by DrBob147 »

I'm having the same problems as Calabris...the new reg cleaner doesn't work on my system either for some unknown reason. no matter what I do XP Pro's HDWE Wizard keeps asking for "ftserui2.dll" which isn't on V1.1. Additionally, "ftser2k" doesn't exist in my registry either...please help.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Did you install the drivers on the CD first? or install the 1.1 from the forum here first?
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

DrBob147
LCD Geek

Post by DrBob147 »

Hi Henry,
I did it both ways first from the CD with no success...then deleted everything, bebooted, and then with only V11...with the same result