Help needed to conect GLK-24064R-25-1U-USB to Win 10 PC

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

gavins
LCD?

Help needed to conect GLK-24064R-25-1U-USB to Win 10 PC

Post by gavins »

Merry Christmas to all, and apologies if this has been answered - if so, please direct me to the relevant thread.

I have just bought a GLK-24064R-25-1U-USB and have connected it successfully to a spare USB 2.0 header on my motherboard. I am running Win 10. The display powers up correctly and displays "Matrix Orbital" and the company logo, and the device is correctly shown with no errors in Win 10 Device Manager. i attach a screen shot of Win 10 Device manager showing the unit correctly installed.

I want to display system information on the display. The Matrix Orbital MOGD software seems designed to allow you to upload bitmaps etc to the display, rather than to allow you to display system information, which is what I want it to do. I have tried both LCDC and LCD Smartie, but they don't connect. I attach a screen shot of LCDC telling me that it cannot connect.

Can someone please give me simple step-by-step instructions on what software to use and how to set it up?

Thanks!
Attachments
MO 1.jpg
MO 1.jpg (79.39 KiB) Viewed 11365 times
MO 2.jpg
MO 2.jpg (92.04 KiB) Viewed 11365 times

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Help needed to conect GLK-24064R-25-1U-USB to Win 10 PC

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Gavins,

Welcome to the forums!

Have you been able to connect your display to our software tool MOGD? MOGD should be able to autodetect if a Matrix Orbital display is connected to your PC. If MOGD can't find the display, there may be an issue with your drivers, or your hardware connection.
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

gavins
LCD?

Post by gavins »

Hi Daniel and thanks for your reply (thanks also for the email). The display is now not showing anything at all - not even the Matrix Orbital logo. When it did show the logo, I tried using LCDC and LCD Smartie (separately) to get it to display even just a simple line of text, and it wouldn't. Device manager shows the device correctly connected via COM 3 and this is the COM port i selected in both LCDC and LCD Smartie. MOGD detects the display fine - I just cant get it to display anything.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Gavins,

Before attempting to connect to LCDC or LCD Smartie again, let's try to get an image back on the display screen.

Please try placing the display in manual override mode by placing a jumper on the middle two keypad pins, and rebooting the display. Once the display is placed in manual override mode contrast and brightness should be reset to factory settings, and the Matrix Orbital logo should appear. Once you get picture back, we can try connecting to LCDC or LCDSmartie.

Also, could you provide the serial number of the display you purchased? You can find the serial number on the back of the display, on a clear sticker in black ink. It should be under the format ##M##-####.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

gavins
LCD?

Post by gavins »

Just wanted to let anyone reading this that Daniel sorted out the problem by phone from 5,000 miles away. He emailed me a new BIOS, talked me through writing it to the display memory (took less than 5 minutes) then set up an identical hardware and software environment so that he could troubleshoot. AMAZING customer service!